What's new

Help with 23 night itinerary please to japan

tamaraberger171

Registered
24 Jul 2019
ello I need help with my plan please. Open to all suggestions places I am missing or shouldn't go or to little or to much time. Looking at 21 day rail pass and want to hit all the major spots during cherry blossoms at peak.

March 31st - Tokyo : Land 1700 eat and Spend night
April 1st - Day 1 Tokyo (night): Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku
April 2nd - Day 2 Tokyo (night) : Ginza, Samida, Akihabara
April 3rd - Day 3 Leave Tokyo(early)- Hiroshima (night) : peace park , Shukkein garden, castle
April 4th - Day 4 - Hiroshima (night) : Miyajima
April 5th Day 5- Hiroshima (night) - Onomichi
April 6th - Day 6 Hiroshima- Okunoshima (bunny island) – Osaka (night)
April 7th Day 7 - Osaka (spend night)
April 8th - Day 8 - Osaka(leave early)- Kyoto (spend night)
April 9th Day 9 - Kyoto (spend night) : day trip to himeji
April 10th - Kyoto
April 11th - Kyoto: Day trip Nara
April 12th Kyoto : day trip Arashiyama (bamboo forest)
April 13 - Kyoto – Hakone
April 14th Hakone – Kawaguchi lake ( mt fuji, suicide forest)
April 15th Hike chureito pagoda – Shibu onsen (Nagano )
April 16th Shibu onsen (Nagano) – Jigokudani – matsumoto
April 17th Nagano- Takayama
April 18th Takayama
April 19th Takayama(early)- Kanazawa
April 20th Kanazawa
April 21st Kanazawa (early)- Kamakura Day trip – Tokyo
April 22nd Tokyo : Nikko Day trip
April 23rd Tokyo – Asakusa, Ueno then fly out at 1825

three spots I kinda wanted to check out but had trouble finding room not sure if there worth it. DOn't want to be super busy but like medium>

Mount Koya?
Izu Peninsula ?
Okayama?

Your itinerary looks feasible but quite busy. 😅

It depends on your priorities, but I'm not sure if "hip" destinations like Bunny Island are really worth it. Also, I'm wondering if the so-called Suicide Forest is an appropriate tourist destination. That retarded Youtuber who visited two years ago didn't do himself (or Japan) a favour.

You could easily spend more time in Kanazawa, Nikko, and Kamakura, but - again - it depends on your interests.

If you plan on returning to Japan for another trip, I'd spend more time in places like Kyoto, Kanazawa, and perhaps Tokyo and visit the other destinations later.

I think you'll only hit Tokyo and possibly Kansai at the hanami peak, but really, one place is enough. Trust me on this! If you're really keen on hanami, go to Ueno at the start of the trip, not the end.
I've been to the suicide forest, and although there's pleasant enough walking in the area, there are plenty of better things to do in the area.
As Thomas says, it's quite a busy schedule, be prepared to simplify it if you find yourself at places where you'd like to stay longer.

Hi Tamara
Day 9: Himeji is a long way from Kyoto.
In my case, coming back from Hiroshima and Miyajima I made a stopover in Okayama.
Then on the same day trip you can make Himeji and its huge castle and Kurashiki and its canals.
If you're interested I may give you the Guest Houses I've been to in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Okayama and Osaka.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

A full day trip for arashiyama might be giving it too much time. I'd think a half day for that would be adequate. But as others point out, your overall schedule is relatively fast-paced, so maybe taking it easy about this point would be good.

As mentioned, skip the suicide forest--go a little earlier to shibu onsen instead.

It's not that far. You can get a Shinkansen there in about an hour or so. I would know I took the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Himeji.

And it's only an hour and a half by regular (non-shinkansen) train, if you take the rapid.

Hello Tamara,

If I had to choose between Mount Koya, Okayama or the Izu Peninsula, my choice would be Okayama. It's a city where history meets modern technology. Okayama is the second-largest city in the region, being somewhat smaller than Hiroshima.

About things to do, the Korakuen Garden is a must-visit. It's ranked among the three best Japanese gardens. The landscape garden spans both sides of the waterway known as Asahi-gawa. The nearby Okayama Castle provides the backdrop for the famous Japanese fairy tale Momotaro, or "the Peach Boy". Another outdoor activity is the Kibi Plain and cycling route. This scenic bicycle road winds through rural land dotted with historical sites, temples, shrines, and farms.

I hope this information helps you to decide!

Go to Okayama and Korakuen just to hear tour guide young Mr. Kawakami speak English! It is quite impressive to see such a young person be so successful at learning English.

【驚愕】岡山後楽園で観光ガイドする子供達が凄すぎる!

【驚愕】倉敷で観光ガイドする子供が凄すぎる!

【衝撃】外国人旅行者に将棋を教える8歳にビックリ!?

Back
Top Bottom