What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Help me understand what is MC thinking

zeroh4nter

後輩
Reaction score
Can anyone help me understand what is MC thinking here 花売りの女の子に近づきつつ、そんなことをしていたためだろうか。[Manga /Gay Priest re-incarnated as a dog and his Master ]

Context : a dog is talking with his master ,about his feeling when being held by him .In the previous life (as human) ,this dog said that he was a priest ,and likes young pretty boys (lol). And he suggested his Master that he should buy flowers for a girl ,which his Master liked . Can anyone help me understand what is MC thinking here 花売りの女の子に近づきつつ、そんなことをしていたためだろうか。 ? Thanks (not sure about the meaning)

MC「……なるほど。って、アンタ元神父だろ? 女心に詳しいわけ?」

Dog「フフ」

MC「なにわろてんねん」

Dog「過去世では、美少年の気を引こうとあまたの贈り物を捧げてきたわたくしです。その資金のため、教会に隠れて日雇いに励んでおりましたよ」

MC「不犯の誓いはどこいった!」

Dog「ご主人様もなかなかの美青年です。わたくし、ご主人に抱かれていると、腰が重たくなってきます」

MC「うわわ、やめろ、な、舐めるなって」

花売りの女の子に近づきつつ、そんなことをしていたためだろうか。
女の子のほうから気がついて、こちらににこっと笑いかけてきた。 (my guess : "Maybe I did that because he is doing such things ,while i'm approaching near to the flower selling girl ")

zeroh4nter

後輩
Reaction score
I had another answer from a JP guy , but i'm not sure because he said it's actually 1 sentence being split into 2
So the meaning of this is
I read it as "Maybe it was because we were acting like that as we approached that the flower girl noticed us first and smiled at me"

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
I agree with the guy. 花売りの女の子に近づきつつ、そんなことをしていたためだろうか。 expresses the reason why the girl noticed and smiled at them.

Top Bottom