What's new

Hello all!

storeyinallinanyways

Storey for short!
26 Apr 2007
Hey,

Been in Tokyo almost 4 months, but only got here (forum!) yesterday!

Hoping for some interesting chat with some interesting people!

Oh, and my handle, in case anyone is wondering...

Back home in dear auld dirty Dublin, "Storey bud!" is a way of saying hello (i.e. What's the story my friend!). It's more common in certain areas of the city, if you get my drift!

It's also common for the residents of these areas to stick "inallinanyways" onto the end of most sentences. It doesn't mean anything, it's sort of a way of emphasising the point! 😊

So, you'll sometimes hear such a person say "storeyinallinanyways", which basically means, Hello!!!

So, storeyinallinanyways!!! 🙂

Oh, but call me storey! (the rest is a mouthful!)

Last edited:
From the top of Japan...the Alps...I extend my hand with a big WELCOME to JREF !! You're stay in Japan has just begun, and your stay at JREF even more so !! I really hope you'll make this your home, whether physically here or there or allinanyways wherever!!

As you get used to the forum, please do jump right in with any thing that interests you. I hope to hear more from you !! 🙂

A very warm welcome to you, storey chan, and many thanks for your splendid and interesting introduction!

I've been here a fairly short time myself, but have met some very nice folk from various countries already, and spent many a long hour browsing this friendly forum.

I've already read some of your posts and you seem to have a lot to contribute - looking forward to talking to you more

(Thanks for explaining your username btw - my head was starting to spin trying to read it, let alone fathom what it was all about! I'm still wondering what yiou meant about certain parts of the city too!)

Thanks all - feeling very welcome already 🙏

Mos, I suppose the equivalent in London would be... I dunno, maybe in the East End (my London geography isn't great!) ... or the Gorbals in Glasgow...

In Dublin it's the inner city, underprivelaged area where the "real Dubs" are from, and the accents of the residents are the harshest. A bit hard to explain without a vocal example...

🙇‍♂️

Thanks for the explanation, storey chan - from now on when I read your posts I'm going to have to fight the urge to attempt a cod-Irish version of Rab C Nesbit in my head!! 😊

(Gomen!)

Back
Top Bottom