What's new

Have you ever noticed the 105 yen charge after..

celtician

先輩
23 Apr 2005
The question IS does Japan have a banking system or is it just a way of collecting free money. 105yen X multimillions of the japanese population plus the few thousand gaijiin who need cash is a huge amount of money for nothing!!!! I should keep my money under the mattress (except that the jap yakuza will steal it!) for all the good keeping my money in a Japanese bank does. ZERO interest no benefits and they charge you after hours as if the jap ATM is an overtime workin' human!! 105 yen pachinko money! Are these people retarded because they have copied TOOOOOOmuch??

Well, Citibank Japan doesn't charge for ATM's if one has over 1 million yen on their account, but charge about 2000yen of monthly management fee if one does not have at least a monthly average of 500,000yen on their account. That means that if you don't notice for a few years that you had a bit less than 500,000yen, you could lose everything little by little. And the interest in yen is of course the same as in Japanese banks.

I try my best to not use ATM's! I take out as much money as needed and if I fall short I judge whether it is something I truly need or not! ATM fees are a huge rip off! Esp in the US where they range anywhere from $1 to $4 just to dispense money! I understand that these machines are not cheap (around $100k per machine depending upon the maker) but once the machines are paid for, the charge (on that machine) should no longer be collected! At least that is the way I see it.

So you also have to pay in the States ? I understand Celtician's complaint, because ATM's are free in Europe (well, in the UK, there are only free at one's bank since recently). And all are 24h. Yet, we can't deposit money like at Japanese ATM's, which is the only thing they can be praised for.

Maciamo said:
So you also have to pay in the States ?

Yes and no. If it's an ATM machine owned by your bank, it's always free plus you can make deposits. If you use one owned by another bank or by a private business, you will pay a fee. Fortunately, there are three or four of my bank's all located within 10 minutes of my house, so any fee is usually a non-issue.

Maciamo said:
So you also have to pay in the States ?

Sometimes you even pay twice! If the machine is owned by your bank, then yes it is free...but if owned by another bank then you pay that banks fees plus a fee added by your bank (if your bank does as such). Usually the most expensive machines are located in convenience stores and shopping malls. But these machines are not always run by a bank!

Wow this is amazing they even copy the American system but I'm sure that the average U.S.A. citizen would not go for -0% interest on their money and then being charged for withdrawing money when you get off work ie. 6pm
Nip banking sucks a copy of any banking system (German French British but mostly USA) but always the WRONG copy

Back
Top Bottom