What's new

Happy diwali to everyone in this forum

bharatsriv

後輩
7 Oct 2009
Diwali or Dīpāvali (Sanskrit: a row of lamps[1]), the most colourful Indian festival, is celebrated on the Kartika Amavasya or New Moon, which falls during October/November. This year it is on the 17th October, 2009.[2]

Diwali as we call it today comes from the Sanskrit word Deepavali meaning garland of lights. There are many legends and important events associated with this highly auspicious day. Hence it is said that any Pooja, mantra japa or stotra recital on this day gives 100 times more benefits. Actually it is a 5 day festival with each day having its own legend, customes and rituals.

HAPPY DIWALI EVERYONE

@Mike Cash no idea

But awesome anyway, that would explain all the fireworks going off like crazy around here :)
We had them going off around near us as well. Leicester and Coventry both put up Diwali lights. In a few weeks the centres will be changed from Happy Diwali to Happy Christimas.:)

@Mike Cash
sorry i only visit this section of japan forum mostly so i put up the happy diwali thread .......well anyways i do hope you guys have enjoyed enjoyed yourself in this festive occasion

hey my name is ankit patel im currently in in the US. I am being transferred to Yokota Air Base outside of tokyo in a few months.

I had a few Qs
1. How many Southasians are in japan near tokyo?
2. i plan on studying aeronautical eng and good schools that you may recommend?

Back
Top Bottom