What's new

If everyone had to learn a international language...

Which Type of IL?

• Ayola (Esperanto with a reform) Aiola.org?

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • A character based language (Chinese-Languages, Japanese)?

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • A language with words taken from many language (Like English)

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Other (explain in post please)

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

arpee92

後輩
26 Jun 2007
If everyone had to learn a international language, which type would it be? :)

Please don't say Esperanto... That language has so many flaw and is not Asian-Language friendly. :eek:

Personally, I would choose the character based language because writing will be faster and it will be Asian Friends which most of the world speaks

English is already the lingua franca for most of the world. If I wanted to go with an Asian language, I'd use Mandarin. One thing is for sure, if I had to pick a language, it would be one that already exists, and is in common use already.

Asian-friendly or not, I'd pick Esperanto. Nice, easy to learn, easy to speak and relatively logical.

Well, being me...I guess...I just have to kind of stick with what I have--English. However, for me, that wouldn't be so much of a learning process. I'm sorry, but I guess I got stuck on the term 'international language.' I just spoil the fun, I know, because I can't get beyond an international language's being used internationally for it to properly have the right to that definition.

I would like a language which gives the most precise and logical as well as poetic expressions, with phonetic reading, among a few other things.

Now, in order to really make this thread a candidate for the 'Serious Discussions' area, I'd hope, arpee92 san, that you'd present the evidence and arguments for that claim that Esperanto is 'flawed,' and is not 'Asian-Language friendly.' Otherwise, this thread would probably go in Chit Chat & Misc. Thank you !

n . n ) well, sincerely I want something with no such a complicted "kanjis" as Chhinese/mandarin whatever. I'm not the only person that gets scared when thinking in learning all those simbols. I mean, I could lern them but... hell!! I have other important things to do... like learn maths ¬ ¬ ) *Sono hates maths*
mmm... english is actually a super ultra duper spoken language, I mean is not the most spoken, but a lot of people know it!!! For example, the japanese songs with lyrics in english. WTH?! Another example... I xDDD I'm maxican but most of the time I'm hearing and reading things in english > _ > (well, it would probably be different if I live near China 9 _ 9 )
I would like esperanto. Looooooong time ago when I was trying to learn it (when I was 13 aprox.) I discovered that it was very simple!!! It hasn't irregularities and is logical!

Anyway. I like all the different lenguages and they're a very important part of each country culture and history. o3o

I think that we shouldn't be required to learn any language. If someone comes from a different country here: WE SHOULDnt have to learn their language. They need to learn english. Right?

I think that we shouldn't be required to learn any language. If someone comes from a different country here: WE SHOULDnt have to learn their language. They need to learn english. Right?

I don't get your point. (Maybe 'cause my english sucks xD)
Let's see... ok, you're saying that if I live in... England and a Japanese came to England, then the Japanese must learn english? Well, if that's the case OF COURSE that the visitor is the one who must learn the language.

But if you're saying that everyone must learn english... = _ = )... well... let's allow the time to decide it!

-but I still prefer esperanto... 9_ 9 )-

A character based language, especially Japanese
others include, Chinese-Languages, Korean, Taiwan
How about Egyptian Hieroglyphs? Its not a bad thing to not be symbolic illiterate. We are surrounded by symbols, logos which we donツ´t even think about. Kanjis come from drawings. Its symbolism.

Be good if Norwegian was the world language. Our curse words are better than English. jævel means f@cker but its more visual. It is a troll looking elf out in the woods with his trousers down masterbating.

Last edited:
I had to learn a foreign language in college to get my degree. That meant either choosing from Spanish, German, French, or Russian. I ended up picking German in the end. Boy was that a long year and a half of learning how to read and speak German. I sometimes dream in German now because of it all.

:mad:

-Doc 🙂

I would probably pick Welsh, simply for the pleasure of learning and speaking a Celtic language.
Well once I'm finished with Japanese, and know over 3000 Kanji at least lol :D

In my opinion English is such an international language which fulfill our requirements to learn any international language.

English will always be the number 1 international business language. No mather how strong China will become. For a while people were saying that learning Chinese is the future. But actually the Chinese are currently learning English. Ofcourse if you want to do business in China or any other country itself you will surely benefit from knowing the local language.

You can't say always, that may easily change over the centuries. Remember what happened to French? Or what is happening to Russian?

I'm aiming at languages like Japanese and Mandarim.

Together with english they should be the most spoken languages in the next century. :)

if you speak Japanese and English this is a good combination because most Japanese speak little English and most English speakers little Japanese.
If you speak Norwegian and English this us not such a good combination because everyone speaks English in Norway and because Norwegian is a pretty useless language.:p

I would say English, but the way things are going Spanish will be the world language.

I would choose for English and Chinese.

Another question is, but that would maybe better for another thread is which languages shouldn't we use at all...

Last edited:
I would choose Japanese! Well, duh, why wouldn't I choose Japanese. I think Japanese is the most unique and exciting.

I think the answer to this question is right here in this forum. Look at all the posters, they (we) come from all over the world and we are all communicating in English.....

Another question is, but that would maybe better for another thread is which languages shouldn't we use at all...

I think it is good with variety no matter how useless your native language is abroad.

Back
Top Bottom