Andromedashun

先輩
3 Jan 2012
会議の目的は新売品のアイディアを自由に出し合う(_)が、結局、上司に意見が優先されて終わった

1。ことあったはずだ
2。ことあったためだ
3。のにあったはずだ
4。のにあったためだ
I don't understand why the answer is 1 (sure, it is not ため) and what is the role of particle に here. And why it is こと, not の?

Last edited:
You can think that ~は、…ことにある/ことだ is a kind of set phrase. The pronoun の is not used in these cases. This expression can be considered as an emphatic construction, so it can be rephrased as …こと/のは、~だ. (の can be used in this case.)
e.g.
目的は出し合うことにあった/ことだった = 出し合うこと/のが目的だった
目標は勝つことにある/ことだ = 勝つこと/のが目標だ
問題は彼が来ないことにある/ことだ = 彼が来ないこと/のが問題だ

(1)のウェブサイトが9月(2)日に不正アクセスを受け、同社サイトの登録者のうち27000人分のと数百人分のクレジットカード情報が流出し、カードが不正使用されていることが分かった。カードの被害額は一人当たりに応じてとみられている。
(1) ところ とたん あげく ばあい
(2) と思う とかんじる という とかんがえる
I need to know the meaning of ところ and という. Thanks.
So I just checked the google dic.
㋑その地域。地方。「―の人に尋ねる」
And という means あるの日?

Last edited:
Sorry I made some mistakes. The entire paragraph is:
ところのウェブサイトが9月という日に不正アクセスを受け、同社サイトの登録者のうち27000人分のとみられと数百人分のクレジットカード情報が流出し、カードが不正使用されていることが分かった。カードの被害額は一人当たりに応じてとみられている。

It still doesn't make sense. What is the original question without your answer?
What?
The original question is: ''Chose the most appropriate word for (1) & (2) in the paragraph.'' The choices for them is as I listed. And the title is: 情報流出

Ahh!!! I'm terribly sorry. I messed up the mondai. It should be the listening mondai and the choices of answer is wrong. No wonder it is weird. Very sorry for the nonsense. :emoji_grinning:

市役所では市民の生活にかかわるさまざまな相談に応じている
Is there typo in this sentence, since I didn't see the subject of 応じている?

市役所では職員が市民の生活にかかわるさまざまな相談に応じている

You need to supplement the omitted subject from the context, as always.
市役所は相談に応じている is also valid. It's possible to interpret that 市役所 is the subject in this case, of course.

それに、休みの日も、食べたことのないアイスをみると、買って食べてみたり
Is this たり the same with たりする or it has another meaning?

I'm having trouble identify these と in the following sentences:

1) アニメーションなら、どこの国で作られて輸入されたか分からないような「もの」も、だれにでもできるような「仕事」でも、交差点の名前が分からないどこか分からないような町の「風景」でも、生き生きとしたものとして描くことができる

2) 上半身をつけて安定した歩行より人間らしい高度な動きができるように改良を重ねた

Look like the first one is conditional and the second is for quotation but I think I'm wrong. Please help.
(They're talking about the process of making robots in reality for the 2nd sentence)

Last edited:
The first one is indeed conditional, but the second is just "and".

「上半身をつけて安定した歩行」と「より人間らしい高度な動き」ができるように

Grammatically, another interpretation 上半身をつけて、「安定した歩行」と「より人間らしい高度な動き」ができるように is also possible. Only the context can tell which is correct. と is "and" anyway, though.

アメリカ政府の_ _ ★ _ が進められた
1。に沿い 2。議事 3。一方的に 4。方針
What is the correct words order for the above sentence?
4 1 3 2?

もう一つは、人間というのは、よほど嫌いな相手でない限り、相手の短所より長所のほうに目が行くよう出来ていることが、さまざまな心理実験で明らかにされている
What is よう & 出来ている?
よう = as if
出来ている = be borned

Back
Top Bottom