What's new

Good Luck Flag

19 Aug 2020
Hi. Could anyone please translate this for me. Mainly I am interested in the names. I think this belonged to Hideo Tsutumi and I believe it was signed by Gen. Hideki Tojo. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• japanese flag.jpg
    japanese flag.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 163
Yes its addressed to Hideo Tsutsumi. I don't see Tojo Hideki's name anywhere on there, and I would be extremely suspicious if I did see it on there. The big writing at the top is "Eternal Good Luck in Battle".

Thank you so much for your reply. I read that Gen. Tojo signed leading soldiers flags and someone said they saw his name on there - he said the picture is sideways but he sees signature down one side about the 4th word on the right. Not sure which side. And not sure if he is accurate. But, thanks again for looking.
Kim

Yes its addressed to Hideo Tsutsumi. I don't see Tojo Hideki's name anywhere on there, and I would be extremely suspicious if I did see it on there. The big writing at the top is "Eternal Good Luck in Battle".
Oooops - lettered by Tojo, not signed.

Be very, very suspicious of those. We have seen some fakes (with his signature) on this site.
Bear in mind Tojo Hideki was also Prime Minister, so he had more important things to do than to sign flags for random conscripts. If you ask me, I would say its very unlikely that there is any such flag with his signature on it.

Just people out of a lot of money!! Thanks again. I wish I could find the family of Hideo to tell them it is up for auction in case they want it - and pretty cheap!

Back
Top Bottom