What's new

God-Emperor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever a met a Japanese person who (still) believed the emporer was a god.

However, if people do think that, it is scary indeed.

I certainly don't think that the emporer is a god or divine. He is, however, the "symbol of Japan" according to the constitution, whatever that means.

Next you will tell me........

President Bush is not a God?? Surely he descended from heaven?

Uncle Frank

😊

President Bush is not a God?? Surely he descended from heaven?
Uncle Frank
😊

Good answer indeed, could have come from me, hehe, particularly since Japan is siding with him nowadays, which blows the whole racism theory into pieces.

Anyhow, read all the pages, please, its very interesting, also in comparision to today.

Because it is. . . . . .which is not dependant on arms, and its not only the other asians that say so. I never did, even tried to show the opposite, but with those slaps into my face as thanks, I cancel the friendship and do now say the same as above. (which does not include my wonderfull japanese friends)

I don't think I've ever a met a Japanese person who (still) believed the emporer was a god.
I did, and particularly here in the Forum. . .

Last edited:
What about the divine lineage of the royal family?
at least for 1400 years , their lineage is sucseed.(it is a kind of miracle)
and all japanese know Myth is myth
so is Jesus Christ.

God-Emperor ,He died at end of the Showa era.
However, everybody can become a god according to Japanese religious
sense.

when he died, I think most Japanese was so nervous and nostalgia
everybody thought Showa, that is, God-Emperor had finished.

You forget, that he himself said, that he is no god. Thus an emperor died, and thats it.

General royal bloodlines are OK, those are all over the world, for many.

You forget, that he himself said, that he is no god. Thus an emperor died, and thats it.
he never said so.
this propaganda was made by mass media.
at least,
I can not read so as human Declaration

he never said " I become a human"

朕と汝ら国民との紐帯は、終始相互の信頼と敬愛とによりて結ばれ、単なる神話と伝説によりて生ぜるものにあらず。天皇をもって現御神(あきつかみ)とし、かつ日本国民をもって他の民族に優越せる民族として、ひいて世界を支配すべき使命を有すとの架空なる観念に基づくものにもあらず。

propaganda translation
The ties between Us and Our people have always stood upon mutual trust and affection. They do not depend upon mere legends and myths. They are not predicated on the false conception that the Emperor is divine, and that the Japanese people are superior to other races and fated to rule the world

I think this translation is wrong

Last edited:
What a joke. . .he IS a human,
similar propaganda made him a "god", all wellknown.

And a bloodline(!) to Amaterasu, excuse me, but thats an even bigger joke. If she would have been real and realised, what was done in her name, wow, I do not wish to be in their places. . .

I am glad, that the Dalai Lama clearly says, that he is just a monk. . .
for that I give him a five star "holy" = real wise person

Some are honest, some not.

BTW, my family also dates back to the 14th century, through royals as well, and my granddad was invited to the Chinese court, with a russian prince, not that I am particularly proud about it. But Royals are everywhere. And on my side, some served in the criminalistic department.
And others were just upcoming peasants in my family, and I love them alike, they are even better in some ways (can "hear the grass grow" and the like), divine in their way. . .

Sherlock;-)

Last edited:
Chi65
I can't understand what you are going to with this thread.
just insulting our tradition?
Anyway Japanese Emperor is God or not, we don't care.
He is just Japanese Emperor, we respect.

Why should I insult?

Its an interesting topic and article to discuss.

Conception of God

Conceptions of God vary widely. Theologians and philosophers have studied countless conceptions of God since the dawn of civilization. The Abrahamic conceptions of God include the trinitarian view of Christians, the Kabbalistic definition of Jewish mysticism, and the Islamic concept of God. The dharmic religions differ in their view of the divine: views of God in Hinduism vary by region, sect, and caste from monotheistic to polytheistic; the view of God in Buddhism is almost non-theist. In modern times, some more abstract concepts have been developed, such as process theology and open theism. Conceptions of God held by individual believers vary so widely that there is no clear consensus on the nature of God. The contemporaneous French philosopher Michel Henry has however proposed a phenomenological approach and definition of God as phenomenological essence of Life.
God - Wikipedia

Christianity - percentage by country
List of religious populations - Wikipedia

Personally I believe that Christianity is very dangerous religion. Europe invaded the world with Christianity for the past centuries. Today NATO is invading Afghanistan, and USA is killing Muslim in Iraq.

AMEN.

Yep, that too. No one believes that.
------------------------------------------

About human being declaration of the Emperor,
Because it is written here in detail, please try to read.
Because it is written about process of English translation,
The history is interesting.
By examining it in various ways.
人間宣言 - Wikipedia

I have asked the grandmother in childhood, About "Emperor's human declaration".
She seems not to have been surprised.
From the past,
Because the Emperor was not "God" and thought that it was a normal human being,
"The human being declaration of the Emperor" was a message to the foreigner that a superstition was deep.

She worked in a coal mine.
After the war,
The Emperor Showa did an Imperial tour and encouraged the nation.
His Majesty the Emperor went down to the yard of a coal mine and encouraged miners.
She seem to have born a grudge against the Emperor,
Because she lived a painful life.
However, because the Emperor Showa came,
She seems to have watched bright future hope.
She said to me , "She was very glad".
She seems to have thought,
"I do my best for Japan"

http://homepage1.nifty.com/yamada/mikawaswe3.htm

Word choice and translations and conflicting motives and interpretations......The deeper you know things the less you know....

I will start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks, Hiroyuki Nagashima, that was an interesting post!
I would like to say, that I do understand very well, how she felt, no matter, what else I write. Please keep that in mind!

We have to put into account, that any public "leader" can be seen as a god by those, who wish to. Thats not just valid for Japan.
If you go further in that posted article link, you will have the comparisions with Germany. . .and if you can see the Yasukuni film, that will be shown in Japan from up April, you will find out more in common. In fact, a wild mix of old german military behaviour of all kinds, plus beard style and uniform. It reminds us clearly not only on Emperor (Kaiser) Wilhelm, but also on, well, yes, sorry, but true, on Goebbels and Hitler, all in one pot indeed.
Including the choice of theme and goal. Certain things, like "freeing Asia" and "only defending" plus is exactly like our former behavior. And if someone would insist in this interpretation of the past war here, plus coming with recent research about the holocaust as being a lie, he would have to face severe punishment for this misleading.

And one has to put into account, that Hitler very well was like a if not the god for many at that time. Otherwise it all would not have happened.
The shock came later, as often in such stories.

Dictatorship is dictatorship in all variations. And so far, every dictator tried to be seen as an unfailable god to justify all actions incl. murder as godsent. . .no matter which religion.
And thats exactly the problem. A typical misuse and better to be seen with much care and suspicion.

Thanks, Hiroyuki Nagashima, that was an interesting post!
I would like to say, that I do understand very well, how she felt, no matter, what else I write. Please keep that in mind!

We have to put into account, that any public "leader" can be seen as a god by those, who wish to. Thats not just valid for Japan.
If you go further in that posted article link, you will have the comparisions with Germany. . .and if you can see the Yasukuni film, that will be shown in Japan from up April, you will find out more in common. In fact, a wild mix of old german military behaviour of all kinds, plus beard style and uniform. It reminds us clearly not only on Emperor (Kaiser) Wilhelm, but also on, well, yes, sorry, but true, on Goebbels and Hitler, all in one pot indeed.
Including the choice of theme and goal. Certain things, like "freeing Asia" and "only defending" plus is exactly like our former behavior. And if someone would insist in this interpretation of the past war here, plus coming with recent research about the holocaust as being a lie, he would have to face severe punishment for this misleading.

And one has to put into account, that Hitler very well was like a if not the god for many at that time. Otherwise it all would not have happened.
The shock came later, as often in such stories.

Dictatorship is dictatorship in all variations. And so far, every dictator tried to be seen as an unfailable god to justify all actions incl. murder as godsent. . .no matter which religion.
And thats exactly the problem. A typical misuse and better to be seen with much care and suspicion.
I think this has nothing to do with Tenno

hey chi65: when do you understand the situation of tenno(emperor) LOL
Japanese tenno is not dictator, leader or a man of power at all even at that time

I think this has nothing to do with Tenno
hey chi65: when do you understand the situation of tenno(emperor) LOL
Japanese tenno is not dictator, leader or a man of power at all even at that time

Wellknown, those people around too. . .I mentioned it somewhere else.

After the war, GHQ announced emperor's assets was 1.6 billion yen.
however no Japanese was surprised at that and nobody felt anything..
Monarchs in any country other than Japan also have the enormous money and property which it deprived from the people.
When the revolution, the war, and the political change occur, such a monarch aims at defecting at once for the guarantee of own life and the maintenance of the property.
Therefore, GHQ might have started to open the property of the emperor family to public, and wanted to make the public backlash.

There is not interests opposition between Tenno and the people at all.

USA mede a mistake in Iraq.
There is no existence like the emperor in Iraq.
Japan would likely have become like Iraq if there was no emperor in
Japan.
Kim Jong-il , if something will happen.....then

Naturally, Tenno is a human.
anyway, Tenno as a god , divine or whatever, had finished once by his death ..

BTW
When I was a junior high school student,........I recall old photograph which students attended tokyo olympic torch relay and of the imperial tour in the principal's office.
Imperial tour
1946 chiba

1947 hiroshima

She seem to have born a grudge against the Emperor,
Because she lived a painful life.
However, because the Emperor Showa came,
She seems to have watched bright future hope.
She said to me , "She was very glad".
She seems to have thought,
"I do my best for Japan"
(無題) | NIKKEI225
:(

Nothing against loving Japan, I love it myself and for long and also my works about this are all over in public and private places ;-)

And I will not forget the good sides, no matter, what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom