What's new

God-Emperor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot, Caster san! 窶「sナ?o窶堙俄?堙?窶ケニ停?堋ッ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋ス:(
Just I know... Japan is a state of mind, it is deep in my heart.
Anyway this is my country.
Postwar Japan
http://pc-kirakukan.jp/sankei_kiji20071106.html
boy carrying his dead brother to a crematorium.
ツ債イツ青「窶「テ帚?堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶卍キツ催ィ窶堙俄?愿シ窶堙≫?堋スナス窶樞?堙債、ツ渉ャツ坂?壺?堋「窶ケu窶堙個湘」窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶ーツコ窶堙ー窶卍ュ窶堙
窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙??昶?吮?堋「ニ筑ニ湛ニ誰窶堙ー窶堋ゥ窶堋ッ窶堋ス窶冕窶傳窶堋ェ窶禿壺?堙俄?愿シ窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋オ
窶堋スツ。窶冕窶傳窶堙?0ニ短ニ停?愴蛋窶凖カ窶堙個深窶堋ウ窶堙俄?堋ヲ窶堋ョ窶堙≫?堋スナ椎?窶堙娯?堋サ窶堙寂?堙?催ャ窶ケテ??堙ー窶堋オ
窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶ーテ稜ステ披?堙嫁スRツ静鞘?堙昶?堙俄?堋オ窶堋スナス竄ャ窶佚娯?堙ーツ静芝?D窶堙娯?抒窶堋ヲ窶堙ゥナ椎?窶堙
窶吮??窶堙嫁スナクツ々窶堙??愿シ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堙娯?堙??堋キツ。
10ツ催寂?堋ョ窶堙ァ窶堋「窶堙個渉ュ窶扼窶堋ェ窶「テ?窶堋「窶堙??堋ュ窶堙ゥ窶堙娯?堋ェ窶禿壺?堙俄?板ッ窶堙懌?堙ィ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋ィ
窶堙ア窶堙披?堙絶?堙?窶堙ー窶堋ス窶堋キ窶堋ォ窶堙俄?堋ゥ窶堋ッ窶堙?、窶把ナスq窶堙ー窶掫窶吮??窶堙俄?掫窶「窶ー窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。
窶凖ュ窶堙「窶凪?ヲ窶堙ー窶堋ィ窶堙ア窶堙披?堋オ窶堋ス窶堙懌?堙慊、ツ広窶堙≫?堙鞘?堙??之窶堙ア窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥナスq窶ケナク窶堙固スp窶堙
窶懌?毒スナセ窶堙娯?愿コ窶怒窶堙??堙ヲ窶堋ュ窶禿壺?堙俄?堋キ窶堙ゥナ津オナ段窶堙??堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋オ窶堋ゥ窶堋オツ、窶堋ア窶堙個渉ュ窶扼窶堙
窶罵ナスq窶堙坂?堙坂?堙≫?堋ォ窶堙ィ窶堙??。窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。ツ重窶佚・窶堙遺?禿壺?廬窶堙ーナスツ昶?堙≫?堙??堋ア窶堙個湘
窶堋ォツ湘ェ窶堙俄?堙「窶堙≫?堙??堋ォ窶堋ス窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶ケツュ窶堋「ヒ?毒スu窶堋ェナ?'窶堋カ窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋オ窶堋ゥ窶堙?
窶披?。窶伉ォ窶堙??堋キツ。ツ渉ュ窶扼窶堙債湘??堋ォツ湘ェ窶堙娯?堙凪?堋ソ窶堙懌?堙??藩??堙ゥ窶堙?、ツ硬窶堋「窶「\ツ湘ョ窶堙??禿
窶堙ー窶ケテ??堙ァ窶堋オ窶堙??板ァ窶堋ソツ尽窶堋ュ窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。窶掫窶吮??窶堙個静披?堙ア窶天窶堙坂?堋ョ窶堙≫?堋キ窶堙ィ窶督ー
窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥ窶堙娯?堋ゥツ、ナステア窶堙ーナ津」窶堙ォ窶堙俄?堙娯?堋ッ窶堋シ窶堙ァ窶堋ケ窶堋ス窶堙懌?堙懌?堙??堋キツ。
ツ渉ュ窶扼窶堙債湘??堋ォツ湘ェ窶堙娯?堙凪?堋ソ窶堙可、5窶「ツェ窶堋ゥ10窶「ツェ窶堙?窶板ァ窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堙??堋オ窶堙・窶堋、窶堋ゥツ。
窶昶?吮?堋「ニ筑ニ湛ニ誰窶堙娯?冕窶傳窶堋ェ窶堋ィ窶堙?窶堙樞?堙ォ窶堙俄?ケテ溪?堙??堋ォツ、窶堙、窶堙≫?堋ュ窶堙ィ窶堙??堋ィ窶堙ア窶堙披?堙絶?堙?
窶堙ー窶ーテー窶堋ォナスn窶堙溪?堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋ア窶堙固スナセナス窶樞?堙債、窶掫窶吮??窶堙娯?把ナスq窶堋ェナ?テケ窶堙嫁ス竄ャ窶堙ア窶堙
窶堋「窶堙ゥナス窶凪?堙可鞘?ー窶堙溪?堙??ケC窶「t窶堋「窶堋ス窶堙娯?堙??堋キツ。窶冕窶傳窶堙坂?把ナスq窶堙固スティ窶堙??伉ォ窶堙ーナスツ
窶堙や?堙??堙、窶堙≫?堋ュ窶堙ィ窶堙??倪?吮?堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙可、ツ湘??堋ォツ湘ェ窶堙娯?扨窶堋「ナ?D窶堙個湘」窶堙俄?ーツ。窶堋ス窶堋ヲ窶堙
窶堋オ窶堋スツ。
窶堙懌?堋ク窶把窶堋「窶愿キ窶佚娯?堋ェ窶ーテ寂?堙俄?馬窶堋ッ窶堙ゥニ淡ニ停?ヲツー窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶ーツケ窶堋ェ窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。
窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙懌?堙寂?堙、窶堋「窶凖カ窶堙娯?ーナ?窶堋ェ窶堋ウ窶堙≫?堙??「窶倪?堋「窶板ァ窶堋ソ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。ツ真窶堙?静披?堙
窶納窶愿コ窶堙娯?堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙遺?ーナ?窶堙債、窶卍シ窶板ァ窶「s窶慊ョ窶堙個渉ュ窶扼窶堙娯?堙懌?堋セ窶堋?窶堙??堋ッ窶堙遺?堋「窶屠窶堙ー
ツ静披?堋ュツ湘??堙ァ窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶堋サ窶堙固スナセ窶堙??堋キツ、窶ーナ?窶堙ーツ食窶堋「窶愿シ窶堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙嫁陳ゥ窶堙や?堙溪?堙ゥ
ツ渉ュ窶扼窶堙個唇窶堙嫁椎停?堋ェ窶堙俄?堋カ窶堙ア窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥ窶堙娯?堙俄?ケC窶堋ェ窶「t窶堋「窶堋ス窶堙娯?堙債。ツ渉ュ窶扼窶堋ェ
窶堋?窶堙懌?堙ィ窶堋ォ窶堙や?堋ュナ?ナ。窶堙昶?凖キ窶堙溪?堙??堋「窶堙ゥヒ?猟、ツ唇窶堙固椎停?堙坂?板ャ窶堙ェ窶堙ゥナス窶凪?堙?窶堙遺?堋ュツ、
窶堋ス窶堋セツ渉ュ窶扼窶堙娯?ーツコツ唇窶堙可静披?堋ュ窶堙俄?堋カ窶堙ア窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。窶納窶愿コ窶堙娯?堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙遺?ーナ?窶堋ェ
ツ静??堙懌?堙ゥ窶堙?、ツ渉ュ窶扼窶堙坂?堋ュ窶堙ゥ窶堙ィ窶堙??堋ォ窶堙鯛?堋キ窶堙ー窶「テ披?堋オツ、窶卍セ窶禿吮?堙娯?堙懌?堙慊湘??堋ォツ湘ェ窶堙ー
窶ケナス窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堋ォ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ」
Joseph R. O'Donnell September 1945
Joseph O'Donnell; captured images of Hiroshima, 5 presidencies - The Boston Globe

May I suggest to write or translate into english, please? This is not the japanese only thread to my knowledge.

After the war, GHQ announced emperor's assets was 1.6 billion yen.
however no Japanese was surprised at that and nobody felt anything..
Monarchs in any country other than Japan also have the enormous money and property which it deprived from the people.
When the revolution, the war, and the political change occur, such a monarch aims at defecting at once for the guarantee of own life and the maintenance of the property.
Therefore, GHQ might have started to open the property of the emperor family to public, and wanted to make the public backlash.
There is not interests opposition between Tenno and the people at all.
USA mede a mistake in Iraq.
There is no existence like the emperor in Iraq.
Japan would likely have become like Iraq if there was no emperor in
Japan.
Kim Jong-il , if something will happen.....then
Naturally, Tenno is a human.
anyway, Tenno as a god , divine or whatever, had finished once by his death ..
BTW
When I was a junior high school student,........I recall old photograph which students attended tokyo olympic torch relay and of the imperial tour in the principal's office.

Now I also don't really think Iraq was a great idea. But your reasoning is simplistic. Iraq was a state that was created, formally the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire was divided up after World War 1. They didn't pay attention to the the different ethnicities and religious factions so all these different people were made to live under the banner of one country called Iraq. So it would not have been possible for them to have an Emperor. Actually they had the least sectarian violence under Saddam because he was a dictator. He managed to create a secular society, and tried to unite then under the idea of arab unity.

Whether one is against or supports the Iraq war, it is important to understand the history of the middle east. After the Vietnam War, the Middle East was not even on the Americas radar. They had no plan to deal with instability in the MIddle East, they didn't even know if they needed to. Everything was geared towards the Soviet Union. Think tanks within the government started to examine what risks there were. One was if a hostile power where to invade and take over the oil. They then reasoned what if a country within the region were to invade its neighbors and take over the oil creating tremendous instability in the world. Way before(we are talking late 70s, early 80s) Saddam invaded Kuwait they had already reasoned that Iraq invading Kuwait was very possible and highly probable. Since there defeat in Vietnam they decided it would be best to have a regional power police the region. Iran was determined to be the best qualified. They sold arms to the Shah, though they underestimated his stability. He was a dictator, yes, but one that they felt they could influence to take democratic reforms. Ironically pushing too fast too hard he was over come by revolution. He was out of touch. The groups that came together for the revolution could not come up with a way to govern so Islamic hardliners took over in the vacuum.

With that failure in relying on regional powers to take care of things brought forth the notion that America would have to do that.

Of course other countries Japan for example have been able to get oil strictly through negotiation, there have been times where even that would not have been possible without the US military presence in the region.

In hindsight the Iraq war looks like a inevitable result of over decades of securing the middle east. They messed it up pretty bad, the mistakes are documented. Democracy takes decades even centuries to mature, yet they are demanding Iraq be one now. They should have planned for a long occupation.

Long term national interests(securing energy) seem to be what middle east policy is about. Which in itself is not a bad idea. It is good for the world in the long term also. The manner in which they have gone about it though is flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 6, 2003
THREATS AND RESPONSES: THE WHITE HOUSE; U.S. IS COMPLETING PLAN TO PROMOTE A DEMOCRATIC IRAQ

The proposals, according to administration officials who have been developing them for several months, have been discussed informally with Mr. Bush in considerable detail. They would amount to the most ambitious American effort to administer a country since the occupations of Japan and Germany at the end of World War II. With Mr. Bush's return here this afternoon, his principal foreign policy advisers are expected to shape the final details in White House meetings and then formally present them to the president.
THREATS AND RESPONSES: THE WHITE HOUSE; U.S. IS COMPLETING PLAN TO PROMOTE A DEMOCRATIC IRAQ (Published 2003)

President Commemorates 60th Anniversary of V-J Day
Briefing Room | The White House

The American President said,
I "assume Japanese occupation time a model" in an Iraqi occupation policy
Thus did it succeed?

お願いします・・・皆様 (onegaishimasu ・・・ minasama ~ please. . . everyone)

As in accordance with the theme of the OP, I suggest that we keep the thread on topic, as being concerned with the emperor of Japan's--past or present or future--being divine, of divine nature, or of supernatural descent in any way.

Please do not wander from that. Embedding to support an argument or position is of course ok, but simply bringing up other matters is not. If Japanese is used, please do provide an English rendering, or ask someone who may be able and willing to help do so, to help out in that case.

やっぱ、日本語を使ったら英語の翻訳をも書いた方がいいですね。 (As we can understand, if we use Japanese, it would be nice to write an English translation as well)

Thanks folks !! MM

窶堋ィナ?ティ窶堋「窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋キツ・ツ・ツ・ナ?F窶罵 (onegaishimasu ツ・ツ・ツ・ minasama ~ please. . . everyone)
As in accordance with the theme of the OP, I suggest that we keep the thread on topic, as being concerned with the emperor of Japan's--past or present or future--being divine, of divine nature, or of supernatural descent in any way.
Please do not wander from that. Embedding to support an argument or position is of course ok, but simply bringing up other matters is not. If Japanese is used, please do provide an English rendering, or ask someone who may be able and willing to help do so, to help out in that case.
窶堙「窶堙≫?堙渉、窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙ーナスg窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙ァ窶ーpナ津ェ窶堙娯?倒窶禿ウ窶堙ー窶堙?ツ鞘?倪?堋「窶堋ス窶「テサ窶堋ェ窶堋「窶堋「窶堙??堋キ窶堙仰。ツ (As we can understand, if we use Japanese, it would be nice to write an English translation as well)
Thanks folks !! MM

ツ申窶堋オ窶禿ウ窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋ケ窶堙アツ。
Though I looked for English translation of a commentary, it was not found.
Because there was not the confidence that I could translate into English, I copied it in Japanese.

A very good article indeed.....

and so true, which ultimately saw Japan suffer more than it should have, at least in the eyes of the "Aliens".

You will notice today that Japanese have a very strong and determined will of mind, they HAVE to get their point accross, and if they believe they are "correct", they will not give up and that's that! Stuff everybody else mentality.

It's gates opened not so long ago, although their still apppears to be some stoppage of sorts..

Things are changing, albeit slowly, as the country modernizers and struggles to internationalize with regular debate..

It does resemble a see-saw, up and down, back and fourth with Alien cards, etc.

Let's hope for the sake of it's children that it straightens itself out soon.

and so true, which ultimately saw Japan suffer more than it should have, at least in the eyes of the "Aliens".

You will notice today that Japanese have a very strong and determined will of mind, they HAVE to get their point accross, and if they believe they are "correct", they will not give up and that's that! Stuff everybody else mentality.

It's gates opened not so long ago, although their still apppears to be some stoppage of sorts..

Things are changing, albeit slowly, as the country modernizers and struggles to internationalize with regular debate..

It does resemble a see-saw, up and down, back and fourth with Alien cards, etc.

Let's hope for the sake of it's children that it straightens itself out soon.

Thats basically a psychological reason, as I had explained on several points before. But it does not make a fanatical point more right, in fact, it makes lots of enemies. I have hardly ever seen so many dictators on one place like here. . .unthinkable on other forums, that I attend.

Yes, I do hope, that the internationalisations change the picture again, from within, preferably. I am all for this!

But it does not make a fanatical point more right, in fact, it makes lots of enemies. I have hardly ever seen so many dictators on one place like here. . .unthinkable on other forums, that I attend.

Yes, I do hope, that the internationalisations change the picture again, from within, preferably. I am all for this!

It does make enemies and that's the problem.

Japan appears to be struggling to be part of the international democratic community.

Their are many laws and agreements out their with our countries, and Japan is well known for not complying or being a part, although it likes to be known as a friend.

It is also well known for not thinking about what other countries think, but rather hell bent avoiding and ultimately ignoring..

We have to put into account, that any public "leader" can be seen as a god by those, who wish to. Thats not just valid for Japan.
If you go further in that posted article link, you will have the comparisions with Germany. . .and if you can see the Yasukuni film, that will be shown in Japan from up April, you will find out more in common. In fact, a wild mix of old german military behaviour of all kinds, plus beard style and uniform. It reminds us clearly not only on Emperor (Kaiser) Wilhelm, but also on, well, yes, sorry, but true, on Goebbels and Hitler, all in one pot indeed.
Including the choice of theme and goal. Certain things, like "freeing Asia" and "only defending" plus is exactly like our former behavior. And if someone would insist in this interpretation of the past war here, plus coming with recent research about the holocaust as being a lie, he would have to face severe punishment for this misleading.

And one has to put into account, that Hitler very well was like a if not the god for many at that time. Otherwise it all would not have happened.
The shock came later, as often in such stories.

Dictatorship is dictatorship in all variations. And so far, every dictator tried to be seen as an unfailable god to justify all actions incl. murder as godsent. . .no matter which religion.
And thats exactly the problem. A typical misuse and better to be seen with much care and suspicion.

Please say clearly.
As for your claim, Japanese Emperor has war responsibility, and is it still to be strange that a position of Japanese Emperor is kept?
I wonder why you made this thread as a political topic not a culture & tradition.

Of course you may discuss anything freely here. Anyone can do.
Go ahead.

Just I leave here.

Please say clearly.
As for your claim, Japanese Emperor has war responsibility, and is it still to be strange that a position of Japanese Emperor is kept?

The soldiers were ordered to fight until death for the emperor, were they not?

The Emperor is still in power of sorts, and his position is still engaged?

It does make enemies and that's the problem.

Japan appears to be struggling to be part of the international democratic community.

Their are many laws and agreements out their with our countries, and Japan is well known for not complying or being a part, although it likes to be known as a friend.

It is also well known for not thinking about what other countries think, but rather hell bent avoiding and ultimately ignoring..
Again, a typical islander mentality on one side. . .but sad enough also downright egocentric. when I realised first, that some japanese former friends in Germany started to take without even thanking, and when I got this confirmed by several others too, I was wondering, whats going on suddenly, but closed my doors for some. (not all, of course, real friends are real friends).
I drastically reduced my helps to zero, although they kept on calling and waving. A certain arrogance and onesidednes is out of my door immediately. No matter from whom or which colour.
This has to be considered to also become a reason for others to close the doors.
It has in fact quite some roots into the "being superior" thinkings, and that is dangerous in general, be it Islam, or Jews or whatnot and in most cases leads to war. Often declared as defence (with mostly hilarious reasons) first to justify it. Very important first signs very often, "racist card". . .particularly projected onto others.

It also shows on smaller, gender level, by the way. Then it is usually time for a divorce.

The soldiers were ordered to fight until death for the emperor, were they not?
The Emperor is still in power of sorts, and his position is still engaged?
Sure, it can happen again, any time.

Last edited:
Sure, it can happen again, any time.
That's just nonsense. I think less of 500 people would fight for the emperor right now. So what do you mean with it can happen again, any time.

Last edited:
That's just bs. I think less of 500 people would fight for the emperor right now. So what do you mean with it can happen again, any time.

I agree with your comments, DB. :)

Focusing on the extreme right wing people around Yasukuni and talking about it as if it were the whole Japanese population would surely lead one to say such a thing like "it can happen again, any time".
To me it is something similar to see those into Neo Nazism in Germany and say "it can happen again, any time".

What does the current Emperor think of himself? The only thing I ever hear while in Japan is about the "poor Princess" who didn't have a male child. No one even mentions the Emperor.

What does the current Emperor think of himself? The only thing I ever hear while in Japan is about the "poor Princess" who didn't have a male child. No one even mentions the Emperor.

I don't think we will find out what the Emperor thinks of himself. The Imperial household keeps everybody under wraps. Anyway he doesn't really matter much. Emperor Showa is the one who gets debated about in history.

To me it is something similar to see those into Neo Nazism in Germany and say "it can happen again, any time".

Have you ever heard of any hate crimes here during the lost 20 years?
Nothing similar at all... I think Chi65 would kindly enlighten us on what they are really like.

*snip
In my opinin, "stop and question" by the police in Germany is a bit scarier for me than the shokumu shitsumon in Japan. This is partly because they did not ride 50cc mini-bikes there.

That's just bs. I think less of 500 people would fight for the emperor right now. So what do you mean with it can happen again, any time.

I believe Chi was very clear..

It's often said it "can happen again"

Anything is possible and it seems to be a constant battle of fighters..

Goldie girl is right..

When I was their, nothing was spoken of the man himself, but all focus was on the bullying of his daughter-in-law and all the stress she faced..

I can only imagine what went on behind closed doors!

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of any hate crimes here during the lost 20 years?

The only thing so far that comes to my mind is that when there're some problems related to Korea (North or South), some Korean school girls in Japan (who can be identified because they were wearing their traditional costume as their uniform) were attached by some Japanese idiots.

But what I wanted to say in my previous post is not that Japanese right winger and Neo Nazism people are the same, I wanted to say that to take a minority as if they were typical and the whole population were like them is not fair and not a good way to get a proper conclusion.

How comes, that the pro whalers, who are thought to be the majority (not just 500, right?) are using the same right winger terms then?. . .like our neo Nazis, exactly so, including the denial of the holocaust even, only "japanese way".
Its thus no BS at all and wellknown.

Last edited:
How comes, that the pro whalers, who are thought to be the majority (not just 500, right?) is using the same right winger terms then?. . .like our neo Nazis, exactly so, including the denial of the holocaust even, only "japanese way".
Its thus no BS at all and wellknown.

I believe this thread is to discuss about if many of the Japanese regard Emperor = god, not about whaling, Right?
You're dragging the whale issue into where you are expected to discuss about the Japanese Emperor (and right-wingers) and you started talking about this issue where people are talking about whaling.
Can you please stay on the topic and not to mix up the issues you have?

When we have discussion on something, the most important thing is to talk based on the facts and truth, not wild assumption or generalization.

I believe this thread is to discuss about if many of the Japanese regard Emperor = god, not about whaling, Right?
You're dragging the whale issue into where you are expected to discuss about the Japanese Emperor (and right-wingers) and you started talking about this issue where people are talking about whaling.
Can you please stay on the topic and not to mix up the issues you have?
When we have discussion on something, the most important thing is to talk based on the facts and truth, not wild assumption or generalization.

I suggest, that you read the whole article from the link of the first post. . .

That also includes some "byproducts" of that emperor-cult and leads very well to the above too.
And since the right wingers and the emperor model very well have a relation and as such there was an according question. . .for which the pro-whalers are very well included. . .(I would like to leave them out, but that would be wrong, after all we have seen and heard lately)

No need to play the schoolmaster here, please. I am old and experienced enough, to know exactly what I do. There is no generalisation at all.
I gave some simple and provable facts, if you please recognise them.
But it is not necessary to go any deeper ino this, OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom