What's new

Girlfriend studying in Japan for 1 year. Should I be worried?

I have tried to sneak a peek on her phone, trying to check her messages and her call log activity but turns out there is a damn lock and the thing won't open.

Dumping you is a wise move.

This thread has nothing to do with Japan. It is "Norwegian guy lost Norwegian girlfriend" and we have to hear about it simply because of she she went?

We both know how to act kindly and have done so for five years plus.
But yeah, i dont know. She has been getting expensive things lately like new perfumes and clothes, laptops phones and dressings. She is just a totally new person to me. I don't think i know her anymore, who is she?

Oh, the woes. Why must my Japanese girl turn so suddenly and silently?

If she is Japanese and you have been dating her for five years and there has been no discussion/plans made about marriage, I am not surprised she is behaving this way, she does not see any prospect of marriage with you, so she is getting on with her life.

Here in Japan Japanese women who want marriage, are not going to waste more than six to eight months with a guy and then they will just move on without any explanation.

And crying like a baby that you love her is not going to appeal to her either, so grow up man and start being a man, as that is the only thing she is going to respect.

Last edited:
That is exactly what she said. Yet i have not even mentioned any of this to her. I think she is slowly venting her anger or frustration out, and that somehow I have became the outlet.

Saw her again today before work. She did not even smile.

You know, I am kinda tired of this myself. Not so much that we are arguing or disagreeing with each other. More so that we are not doing anything while we are together. Makes me wonder about a lot of things.

You know, when she started to becoming so indifferent the same period she started getting ideas of studying abroad.

That is exactly what she said. Yet i have not even mentioned any of this to her. I think she is slowly venting her anger or frustration out, and that somehow I have became the outlet.

Saw her again today before work. She did not even smile.

Can you just confirm that she is Japanese.

If she is Japanese I think your lucky she still has time for you, because if you were in Japan with her she would have just gone never to be seen again.

If you were not doing anything together who's fault is that? I always find things to do with my wife when we are not working.

You have to realize that with Japanese women who want marriage, its a status for them and they do not want to waste time when its some thing they want, I think you are lucky that she gave you three to five years.

Last edited:
Well if we are going to be specific it is three but in reality it is more like five. Thus the saying always have a free period before consolidating any sort of relationship. You know I went to Japan once, and that is were I met her.

We were very much young and free. Younger than we are now. And freer in the sense that our relationship had not soured up to the point that neither of us want to talk to one another anymore. Yet we still "do it" in bed and all. It's just that she wants to go study for some reason.

I mean, I hold no power whatsoever besides ending our relationship right then and there, but I think five good years of one another, warrants strength and loyalty to our bond with one another.

Don't you agree?

Thus the saying always have a free period before consolidating any sort of relationship. You know I went to Japan once, and that is were I met her.

We were very much young and free. Younger than we are now. And freer in the sense that our relationship had not soured up to the point that neither of us want to talk to one another anymore. Yet we still "do it" in bed and all. It's just that she wants to go study for some reason.

I mean, I hold no power whatsoever besides ending our relationship right then and there, but I think five good years of one another, warrants strength and loyalty to our bond with one another.

Don't you agree?

Sorry!! I do not agree!!

You have/had the power to ask her to marry you.

The only time she has a level of loyalty towards you is once you are married.

Understanding the culture is very important and as I mentioned previously you are lucky she spent three to five years with you, as most would have left after six to eight months or sooner, if there is no prospect of marriage.

As for "Doing it" as you put it, that means nothing, you have to learn to be a man and behave like a man its the only thing she is going to respect, because at the moment you sound more like a 17 year old.

I say kill the relationship and get back with her when she return home... Why not do a free-pass, where you two are able to do your thing while you two are apart.

Back
Top Bottom