What's new

Gackt on the decline?

Personally I dont think it matters if he retires or not. Hes got the hold on Japan and I dont really think it will ever wear off. Hes got the Yoshiki thing going on on a slightly different levle. That and with the delay time it takes for mst fan girlies to get stuff over here his career's bond for rejuvination.

I was going to comment on this thread, about how Gackt's popularity has declined, but I think we're all in agreement that's not true.
Anyways, yes he is a shameless promotion *****, but I think that we can't judge someone until we're in their shoes. That's something I've learned with my job, as I watched people in the position I am now, I just thought that they were lazy and slow. But that's seeing it from a third person perspective, in a way, as we see Gackt on television. Yeah, some people can make it without plugging their name into everything, and Gackt probably doesn't need to do it, but I admire his ambition anyway.
As for him retiring, is this something that is rumored elsewhere? Or only here? I've only heard it here, and I'll go ballisitic if that man retires before I make it to one of his concerts. :( That would not be good. I was kind of disappointed when I read that his tour right now is an "Asian tour" and that he will be visiting countries like, Korea, Russia and Thailand. Personally, from what I understand, there are a lot of Gackt fans in the states. Does anyone think that he would ever come here? Makes me wonder if he even knows that he has fans here.

Um as far as I know Gackt dosent have any plans but I talked to someone who spotted him in LA last summer and after doing a little digging found out that he was there on buisness. Perhaps testing the waters?

i read it elsewhere, not in this forum. i forgot where though and it's just a rumor. has yet to find a source which can confirm this or diminish the rumor. i think it is good that he tours asia. he's very famous in japan, but he's not yet so famous in other parts of asia. he's quite well known in hong kong and taiwan but doesn't quite reach the shocking popularity of the other jpop stars or groups yet.

1. I would like to point out that Moon Child wasn't a failure. It did rather well at the box office.
2. Yeah, Cresent and 666 were REALLY going at it on the charts. And I don't think either album "won" as a matter of fact. They both did very well. *applauds Gackt and Hyde*
3. I think it's going a bit far to say that Gackt is unpopular now. His Diabolos Tour was HUGE and did REALLY well. Every night sold out in like 5-10 minutes flat.
4. Yes, some artists are doing BETTER then Gackt but then doesn't mean he's doing poorly.
5. Just 'cause his squealing fangirl fanbase is getting smaller doesn't mean anything either. He's gaining a much larger and wider audience, appealing to people middle-aged or older and also now all across Asia.

In closing I should like to say that Gackt won't be going anywhere any time soon in my opinion. I think he's here to stay...and I'm very happy about that. I just think all the Gackt-haters are jumping for a chance to say, "See? See?! He DOES suck! Hahahaha!" so much so that they'll use something rather stupid to do it. Gackt is still doing VERY well in Japan and not bad overseas either, a very slight and small drop in the charts doesn't equal failure. :haihai:

Eeek! that was very....um..well voiced! ☝ (forcefull?)

No, I think what the general feeling so far has been (or at least what I've gathered) is not so much as gackt falling off the charts completely as so much of just being gacked out.

I never said he was falling OFF the charts. He's just not dominating them as much as he used to. Which is not a bad thing in my opinion.

Indeed it would seem he does not. I think he just likes cruising around tokyo and seeing his face on every product immaginable

Hide My Heart said:
Indeed it would seem he does not. I think he just likes cruising around tokyo and seeing his face on every product immaginable

:eek: He is crazy! I wouldn't stand my face everywhere around the town!😌

Seriously!

I one of my friend just got back form Tokyo and she said everywhere she looked there was...GACKT!

on busses, on bilboards, on trains, on tv, in the sky, ect

Ohhh gosh... i'm really wondering something. Don't people there ever get sick of seeing Gackt everywhere? :eek: I'm sorry but i would get sick of it.

Actually we both found it to be creepy.

I would probably spend most of my time screming andpoining at the numerous Gackt sightings.

The locals would not be amused.

In the sky?!? :eek: Woah... that I would find creepy. I'd think some ol' chemicals were creeping into the system... :sick:

She took some pictures of the plentifull gackt adds and there are like several in each frame, she was even finding Gackt adds in somw wierd parts of the city that I couldn't really even see gackt adds being in as well.

Well, about the topic. I don't know which of you mentioned something about being replaced. that's something I made thread about, I don't know where it is... doesn't matter. The question was if people thought the possibility of Gackt being replaced by Miyavi. Why specificaly him? Because of the new wave that's coming over with him. Most the people missunderstood the question, or maybe I didn't explained myself well.

I meant to say that (yes, let's accept it) Gackt's growing old... just like most of the jrockers we're loving now, and, as far as i see, Gackt belongs to a different generation; one that's not reaching this one. Miyavi, if yu see, it's being follower by younger crowds than Gackt. That's what I meant with "being replaced by".

I still love Gackt and all that involves, and it kinda surprised me the amazing amount of bad critics his Crescent album got... I's my fav album---

And well, about him going off stage.. I don't know. I met him late so it would be saddening, but he can do whatever. It won't killme anyway. But I do was expecting (still) to hear more about him. I don't get tired of him for just one reason: I live in Mexico. Here, it's soooo rare to hear from this people.

Well.. maybe he knows about all this by himself. And well, he comes to LA every once in awhile, for production matters. No, he doesn't ever plan tours to america AND this is because he wants to "unite" asia first. In other words: he wants to conquer and rule all Asia... if he can't do this with his own people, why would he make it with strangers?? (that's about what he said).

I do know what forum you're talkingabout and understand completely what you're saying. The world changes, time moves on and the media reflects all of this. I think Gackt has definately made his notch on the J Pop list but he cant stay there forever someone else will take his place and that is indeed a type of decline.

Lady Blue said:
Well.. maybe he knows about all this by himself. And well, he comes to LA every once in awhile, for production matters. No, he doesn't ever plan tours to america AND this is because he wants to "unite" asia first. In other words: he wants to conquer and rule all Asia... if he can't do this with his own people, why would he make it with strangers?? (that's about what he said).
That came out sounding incredibly cruel just so's you know, you may not have meant it to be but it was. Saying he wants to "comquer and rule Asia" sounds like...I dunno, it just rang false to me. Wanting all Asia to become one and wanting to "rule" it are VERY different things. *shrugs* But that could just be me.

Back
Top Bottom