What's new

Forum update

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
We have updated to the latest version of vBulletin. This upgrade involved mostly the "back-end" of the software, in particular the style variables.

A major stylevars refactor
90+ stylevars bug fixes and improvement requests
Stylevar Mapping Response to minimize impact on customized styles.
A Remove Orphan Stylevars tool to help customers clean up vB4 installs
32 Hook Requests made by customers

What is refactoring? Refactoring is the process of changing a software system in such a way that it does not alter the external behavior of the code yet improves its internal structure.

If you come across any glitches and errors (apart from the ones that are already known), please report them here. Thanks.

Hi Thomas,

The menus for Community, Forum Actions, and Quick Links are showing up for me as huge blocks each containing one menu item. Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end. It wasn't happening before though.

Hi Thomas,

The menus for Community, Forum Actions, and Quick Links are showing up for me as huge blocks each containing one menu item. Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end. It wasn't happening before though.

Same thing for me. The giant blocks are a new issue.

Uncle Frank

Thanks for the feedback. That is not intended, and doesn't happen on my end. Could you please post a screenshot?

No clue on how to screenshot?

Each box is 4 1/2 by 2 1/4 inches with the small label in the center so when all hooked togeather , about 1 foot tall when you click it open. I just use IE8 with Vista. Not a big issue , but a new one since the change.
Another change. When you click on "Settings" up at the top, then go to the column bottom on the left under "New Items" and click on "Picture Comments" it used to show only 1 picture(the newest) and it was not distorted. Now it shows 6 of the latest pictures all squashed and distorted , but the writing with the pictures is fine. Again , not a big deal , just something new since the change.

Uncle Frank

Thanks Frank! I'll fire up my IE and investigate.

Edit: Looks fine on IE9. Using an IE emulator, I found a few glitches with IE7, but couldn't reproduce the giant menu boxes reported. Will work on it.

I'm using Firefox 9.x on MacOS 10.6.x

block_menu.jpg

Thanks everyone, I confirm this bug. It's a style-related issue. Will take care of it as soon as I have solved the router issue in my home network.

Thomas-san, this is not a bug report, but much to my delight, a "solved bug" report! I don't know why, but the problem I reported here haven't occurred on my PC after the recent update.:)

Back
Top Bottom