What's new

Foreign politics: on what side is Japan in the Israel/midwest conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItalianDude

mafia camorra ndrangheta
29 Nov 2009
I would like to know on what side are Japan left and right political parties about the current Israel-Palestine issues.
How much japanese media talk about that?
What's the general opinion of people?

Thanks!

I would like to know on what side are Japan left and right political parties about the current Israel-Palestine issues.
How much japanese media talk about that?
What's the general opinion of people?
Thanks!

Japanese media coverage about Israel-Palestine issues is rare as they are too far from Japan.

But I would say majority of Japanese has sympathy about Palestine people as their tragedy is a result of European ethnic problems with Jewish people. Palestine and Jewish people used to live peacefully for a long long time, but after WWII, all suddenly changed as European jewish rushed to Palestine and took Palestine land. This is my understanding.

current Israel-Palestine issues
current ?
it has been 60 years ago ! and it's not between palestine - Israel,it's between Arab - Israel if we ignore the truth that the issue is Jewdism-Islam in the first place.

What side is Japan on? No side.

The Japanese have nothing against the Israeli people and the Arabs.

The only thing that drives its behavior related to the Middle East is oil, the Middle East as a market for its products and its security alliance with the US.

There is nothing more than that. Can you just get this over with? :eek:

EDIT: All posts that veer away from Japan will be deleted from this thread.

Last edited:
The major Asian countries (India, Pakistan, China...) for various reasons took a much harder line opposing the post-war partition (physical separation of Jews and Arabs) that gave Israel statehood than European-American players. Japan may be semi-neutral today but I think basically distanced itself quite a bit from relations with Israel 1947 forward and went along with this pro-Palestinian position with the main objectives to avoid further antagonizing its Asian neighbors plus the taint of association with another so-called illegitimate colonizer...

My vote: wrong subject.

Folks, there are at least 22 wars going on in the world, one of which is developing as we speak, right next door to Japan.
My vote, keep the Middle East, African, South American, North American wars out of this Japanese discussion. Hezam, we are guests here, right? Guests don't cause trouble, right?
Bad, useless, counter-productive topic.

Folks, there are at least 22 wars going on in the world, one of which is developing as we speak, right next door to Japan.
My vote, keep the Middle East, African, South American, North American wars out of this Japanese discussion. Hezam, we are guests here, right? Guests don't cause trouble, right?
Bad, useless, counter-productive topic.
Agreed. I believe this has been left standing long enough--thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom