What's new

Seeking Finding Japanese Father

Dnlxpascual

Registered
13 Feb 2022
Hi, good day. I'm very new here. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you very much for the time. I know there is a one in a million chance that you will answer my question but I just really want to try my best. I've been searching for my long lost father , I've been searching for him for many many years. I'm very worried about his condition. I lost my contact with my father. I hope someone could help me . Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched for his name with Google Japan, and the very first link that came up was the President and CEO of a company called 国際貿易 ("International Trading") in Shunan City, Yamaguchi Prefecture:

If you scroll down, you can see this person (he's the guy with grey hair smiling and standing in front of a map).
Do you know what your father looks like, where in Yamaguchi he lives, and/or what he does for a profession?

I searched for his name with Google Japan, and the very first link that came up was the President and CEO of a company called 国際貿易 ("International Trading") in Shunan City, Yamaguchi Prefecture:

If you scroll down, you can see this person (he's the guy with grey hair smiling and standing in front of a map).
Do you know what your father looks like, where in Yamaguchi he lives, and/or what he does for a profession?
Thank you very much 🙏

His former company couldn't provide you with his current contact info?
Were you able to explain that you're his son and you're worried about him?

Ushijima is a tiny (1.96 square km) and sparsely populated (population: about 50) about 8 km off the coast of mainland Yamaguchi Prefecture.

Actually, you could try calling the community center there: 0833-79-3198
Given that so few people live on the island, I imagine there's a good chance that almost everyone knows each other.

I see. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
That said, I can't guarantee you'll be able to find a fluent English speaker at that number, given that it's a remote and very rural island.
Do you know anyone who speaks Japanese and could make the call for you?

Failing that, you could try sending a letter to the community center's postal address (unfortunately, I couldn't find a homepage or email address):

山口県光市大字牛島763-9
Ushijima Community Center
Oaza Ushijima 763-9
Hikari-shi, Yamaguchi-ken
743-0003 JAPAN

Thank you very very much for this advice. I will update soon to this forum. Thank you!

You could also try sending a letter to his company. They may find a way to get it to him.

Back
Top Bottom