Finding documentaries or educational programs

letslearn

先輩
11 Sep 2013
こんにちは皆さん、
子供向けのドキュメンタリとか教育的な番組を見つけるのに少し苦労している。
誰もはドキュメンタリのどこの知れば、教えっていただけますか.
よろしくお願いします
I'm trying to be polite in my request, so if I have not asked correctly please let me know.

Try searching YouTube: 子供向け ドキュメンタリー

Thank you for your replies. I think I'm probably looking at something similar to nature documentaries or similar but aimed at the younger audience so perhaps the content is less scientific. I have seen a great documentary called さとやま、by David Attenborough, something like that but in Japanese would be great. NHK for school is a great place to start though, thanks.

Regarding correction of your request: from me (not a native speaker, mind you) I would say:
1. Avoid the use of とか when writing and when trying to be polite. Use や instead.
2. Remember to keep your verb endings consistent. If you are aiming for politeness, make sure they all end in ます (苦労しています).

Regarding kids programs, something more interesting might be ポンキッキーズ (Ponkikies... actually I always thought it was Ponki Kids, but wikipedia-sensei corrected me). It was a show that ran in the 90s. Might be good for a few laughs. You can find it on YouTube. Amuro Namie was on it before she got mega-famous.

What do you mean by this?

This is the one area where non-Japanese have the advantage...reading other foreigners' Japanese.

誰もはドキュメンタリのどこの知れば

If anyone knows where (some) documentaries (are)

It is sometimes easier to read another foreigner's mangled Japanese than it is to read a native's beautifully constructed flawless Japanese.

What do you mean by this?
Originally I was going to try and use something like..
ドキュメンタリーのどこに知っているひとがだったら, or ドキュメンタリーのどこに知っているひとがいったら、
I am trying to make a conditional statement on the basis of knowing where the item is located. thats why I used 知れば. Its those scary adjectival phrases constructions ドキュメンタリーのどこに知っているひと
Thanks for your replies

It should be ドキュメンタリーどこにあるか知っている人がいたら or ドキュメンタリーの場所を知っている人がいたら. どこ can't mean the place where something is by itself.

教えていただけますか is not wrong, but 教えていただけませんか sounds more polite and common.

Thanks for your explaination.
So
ドキュメンタリーがどこにあるか知っている人がいたら
has the imbeded (whether or not question) using あるか

ドキュメンタリーの場所を知っている人がいたら with the use of を I wasn't sure if that was the correct partical that's why I used に知っている Is it common to use を with 知る?

Someone knows a place.
Someone knows where something is.

"A place/Where something is" is a direct object of a transitive verb, no?

Back
Top Bottom