What's new

Financial independence

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Wow, here's the solution to all problems, we'll finally be able to afford a dedicated server. Free beer for all forum members, and a monthly salary for the forum team! What do you think about this offer I just received:

Dear Sir,

Compliments of the season. It is indeed my pleasure to write to you this letter, which I believe will be a suprise, as we are both complete strangers. I am Mr Abaku Kwame, the manager, credit and foreign bills of Arab bank Benin. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank with account number 14-255-2004/AAB/B who perished in Egyptian Air Flight with the whole passengers aboard on 31st oct 1998.

Since the demise of this our customer,I personally has watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of USD$4.7m[Four million seven hundred thousand united states dollars] which has been with my branch for a very long time.

On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the next of kin as no one has come up as his relation. And the country law here does not allow such money to stay more than Five years, for the money will be recalled to the government treasury as unclaimed after this period. Upon the receipt of your response, I will send to you the application, bank's contact and the next step to take. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within five banking days, after you apply to the bank as a relation to the deceased.

When you receive this letter. Kindly send me an e-mail signifying your decision.Including your private Tel/Fax numbers for quick communication.

I will be very happy if you can treat this business with the utmost secrecy it demands because of my position in this bank.

Hoping for a very successful business relationship with you.

Respectfully submitted,

Mr Abaku Kwame.
Tel:00229601483.

:D

Got that one too, a few weeks back, but ehm... can't discuss it now. I have to get my Ferrari washed. :)

Hope you applied a "Japanreference.com" sticker to your Ferrari, lolol.

i get a lot of those! and i'm always thinking.."eh?" especially when it starts Dear sir..i'm thinking what is my name masculine now or something!

Lol... I've got about 5-6 versions of the same scam in the past 6 months. Wanna start trading them? :D:D:D

It's called the Nigerian scam or "419 scam" (referring to the article of the Nigerian penal code prohibiting such schemes). I've read that this is actually going on since decades, they've started to contact wealthy businessmen and companies by mail, fax and later on through emails

=> 419 scam - Google Search

It still seems to work. ;)

the one i got was for $38 million and dude is in liberia. its much better than $4.7 million...

Send me his email address and we'll talk about your percentage. :D

Getting better, here's another one I received today (sent through a Thai server):

Dear,

It is my pleasure to write this mail to you.And at the same time, i thank you for having time to go through my mail.

I got your contact through the diretory i just aquired and after going through your profile,i decided to contact you after much prayers and deliberations, for this noble transaction.

My name is Mr Philip Etie from the nation of sierra Leone ,a West African war torne nation .my father worked in the country's biggest diamond minning coporation.and he was in charge of accounts.

When the war broke out and pandemonium that followed i was opportuned to escape with my brother and some huge amount of money becouse my father died in the war.

.The funds are presently deposited in a security company in Bangkok Thailand ,where i previously intended to invest but was discouraged by the hostile nature of the country.The total amount is $15,000,000.00 usd.[fifteen million us dollars]

My main purpose of writing this mail is to solicit for your assistance in having this funds secured,moved to your country and invested in a viable business that will be of mutual benefit to us.I am ready to enter into joint venture with your company or we can open a different new company.

i want to assure you that you will be highly rewarded for your assistance both in cash and joint venture collaborations.Also i intend relocating to your country after the funds have moved.

Reply this mail immediately indicating your capability to handle this transaction ,so that i will give you details inorder for us to map out strategies for the implementation of this project.

best regards and wishes.

MR. Philip Etie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom