What's new

Happy Independence Day!!!

EmperorHirohito

Who is Number One?
30 Apr 2007
Its now the 4th of July across most of the world, so I want to take this opportunity to wish all American Citizens who use this site, who either live in the States or live elsewhere, a very Happy Independence Day.

Right you lot its time to start getting the Turkey fattened ready for Thanksgiving Day on 20th November 2007. Dont forget I want a turkey drumstick and all the trimmings! :)

Well thank-you very much. :) Funny to get a Happy Fourth greeting from an Englishman! Only kidding! Somehow this reminds me of being taught about the American "Rebellion" while I was in University in Scotland. Ofcourse as an American we called it the American "Revolution". It was the first time that I really understood that what determines your ideas regarding history, has as much to do with where you were born and raised, as much as what actually happened!

I would be delighted to invite you to Thanksgiving dinner and you can have both drumsticks! :)

Happy fourth of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someone will make a thread for Queensday on April the 30th.

Happy fourth of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someone will make a thread for Queensday on April the 30th.
Who cares about your queen Dave?! :p You're queen obsessed !

OT: I wish some aliens came and start to wreak havoc! Just like in Independence day ! :D

Thank you, EmperorHirohito! It's nice to know that people across the Atlantic Ocean (where all our ancestors were from originally) are observing the U.S. independence day! Let's not be too hasty about Thanksgiving yet - as more people become vegetarians, less turkeys will be eaten!

Does anyone find it funny that the revolution was started over tax on tea but now americans think that all english people are crazy for tea? haha.

happy independence day, light a firework for me ;O)

Thank you, EmperorHirohito! It's nice to know that people across the Atlantic Ocean (where all our ancestors were from originally) are observing the U.S. independence day!

I would also like to thank EH for the greets, and glad to see there are no "hard" feelings left.:p

Sara, while I know what you are saying I would ask that we not forget that not all of "our" ancestors came from there originally.

I actually have some relatives that have ancestors that were living in the US well before the invasion from Europe.

Independence day is a good movie! it has all a meaning. so nicely done! Well i hoped you all liked the 4th july for me it has no meaning but for you its all your history! i hope you all celebrated it (there's only 1 day i like in Canada and America and that's Thanksgiving 👍)

Haha golden week is great isnt it..unless you work in a pub......
When i grow up i wanna work in India. Because of the many religions they have a holiday more or less every week haha.

Dont feel too bad I haven't had the 4th off for over twenty some years now.

Yet I do get Golden Week and a bunch of other days off that corporate America doesnt recognize yet. :p
At my Job... it wouldn't matter if it were the Emperor's birthday OR Christmas... I'd still be working. : (

Sara and Obeika you are both welcome, hope you made the best of Yesterday. And yes I do remember 4th July on my Calendar as I am of mixed heritage, I do have an English mother, but do have a Canadian father, thats why I got married on Canada Day, July 1st, and I also had a grandmother who was an American Citizen living out in Los Angeles. :)

I worked also, but only 2 hours.

I found out that the tree blown down in the last big storm in my back yard was hiding a great view of the fireworks. It was great because 5 minutes before the fireworks started here it poured with rain. I got to stand in my back window and watch a great 20 minute show.

Uncle Frank

:)

Sara, while I know what you are saying I would ask that we not forget that not all of "our" ancestors came from there originally.
I actually have some relatives that have ancestors that were living in the US well before the invasion from Europe.

Yes, I thought about this later - of course a lot of us have ancestors from Africa, as well as from the Native Americans who were here well before Europeans. Our history of displacing the Native Americans and then kidnapping Africans for slaves is not something I'm proud of. But everyone who's in the U.S. now is not personally responsible for that, and I hope all Americans, regardless of where their ancestors are from, can learn to live peacefully together at some time.

EmperorHirohito - I'm glad you remember your Canadian/American heritage. You're like a lot of Americans (myself included) who are of mixed heritage. My mother is English and my father American, and I have dual citizenship in the U.S. and England since I was born in England.

frostyg02uk - Aren't all English people crazy for tea?

Back
Top Bottom