What's new

file restriction problem

Spike308

後輩
12 Oct 2003
My friend decided to be cool and, using windows 2000 policy manager, locked himself out of his own my documents folder on his account. he is very limited to manipulate things not belonging to his account. any ideas to get this back?

de-install the policy manager

or: re-install windows (does not delete data folders, but resets configuration)
this works with windows 98. dont know if it requires to enter the serial number- sometimes, probably.

means, licence owner has the legal right to do so :)
and, no guarantee if this deletes *everything* under win2k

no offence Alex,but I think reinstalling Windows to get to the secured encrypted files would be illogical...as the security wouldn't be any good ^_-

just boot a linux live cd, mount your windows partition and get ur files out of it ^^
I once couldn't get on some very important files from me on a school computer because it was secured, I used a live cd and I was able to copy it on a usb stick

When I was in school, there was always a diskette going around the classroom with poledit.exe in it. I'm not sure if that can help you, but the simplest solution might be getting a techie to check that computer.

policy editing won't help here... and neither would an admin. Think limited. severely limited accounts. it's like I just took away my only food. Oh well. our current plan is to borrow one of the admin accounts. They make it look locked down, but there are always a few exploits (go microsoft).

Back
Top Bottom