What's new

Engrish!

errr, they take their jobs pretty seriously. Many have studied at least 9 years of Engrish two.

hmmm... so engrish must be much more difficult than japanese and english, cause it's a joint stuff!
muzukashiina...

Actually I used to rip really hard on the Engrish I used to see but then a buddy gave me a good kick in the *** that woke me up (not about Engrish but Japan in general) and since then I've seen Japan in a different light. Also, the Engrish is absolutely stupid but yet it has a refreshing sense to it.

English is pretty stale with it's usage and constructions,yet, Japan has brought life to English by way of Engrish. You never will see Lome and Rondon again like you used to.

All countries are different, having their own characteristics. what we have to do is respect them all, learning, teaching and even laughing (in the case of Engrish! :)) about them.
Sometimes, it is hard to understand some customs, beliefs, and habits, but I believe that's what makes everything so interesting. That doesn't mean it's some prejudice - it's just the other way round: interest! 👍
and English certainly has this effect on me! ;) it makes me curious, and as moyashi said, 'japan has brought life to English by way of Engrish'.
And the more you learn, the richer you become!

if I left an impression that I was pushing too hard, I'm sorry! :sorry: never meant that! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pushing too hard? where? I didn't notice.

I'm pretty rough on Japan but it's because that I like the country.

@pushing hard
well, then it's ok! ;)

@ roughness
i feel the same way, moyashi!
i think it's the same with people, the more you like someone/thing, the more you care about him/her/it. hence you start to have a more critic view. :)

Actually for me it's not really a critical view but I become more relax and say things with less care and caution. Oh course, I would never say anything on purpose to hurt someone, I do it enough by accident. Even in a verbal argument with a friend or loved one, I never say anything that would serious hurt, although, once again I'm sure I say enough stupid things.

Strange ... normally I'm not so cautious yet in a fight I hold back on using dangerous knowledge. hmmmm

From the feature length anime Metropolis:

metlopolis-1.jpg

I couldn't get a screen shot with my DVD software, my son has my good digital camera, so this is off the screen with a web cam. If you can't read it, it says Robot Storage, Metlopolis Police Department.

Back
Top Bottom