What's new

Engrish

Terry said:
Yes, that is what I meant to say. Now, to help you with your English slang...you should use "***" instead of "anal"

I was actually thinking more about anal as in anal retentive. Someone told me it means something like "being very finical/fussy", or whatever you call it, my English isn't perfect at all times :p ;-)
However, I decided to try it out. Better doing it on an internet forum than using it while speaking in real life. 😌

Last edited:
Pretty good way to look at it Den4

Anyways, I asked my Korean friend who spent a business week in Osaka and lived in Korea his whole life why do some Asian (businesses)like writing things in both their native language and English, or just in English alone?

1. "Because we're obsessed with the American culture?"

That was mainly a joke, but he then said "Eh, probly because it's a pretty important language and we spend atleast a good 4 years learning it."

Now, I know it can be very hard to learn different languages, and I'm sorry if I offend anybodym but THIS is just too great.

chiefen said:
I was actually thinking more about anal as in anal retentive. Someone told me it means something like "being very finical/fussy", or whatever you call it, my English isn't perfect at all times :p ;-)
However, I decided to try it out. Better doing it on an internet forum than using it while speaking in real life. 😌

I figured you meant "anal." I think the reason he said you should have said "***" is because of the "an" you put before "anal" -- it should have been dropped. Putting "an" before it turned it into a noun, and you wanted to use it as an adjective. Now it's my turn to be anal. :p

Glenn said:
I figured you meant "anal." I think the reason he said you should have said "***" is because of the "an" you put before "anal" -- it should have been dropped. Putting "an" before it turned it into a noun, and you wanted to use it as an adjective. Now it's my turn to be anal. :p

Thanks! Now I can use it correctly. :)

That's a funny story. There is a russian kid at my school that speaks real bad english. I can barely understand him sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom