What's new

English teaching jobs for Non-Native English Speakers.

if your in tokushima you must visit Naoshima and Teshima islands their awesome if you love architecture and art

Tokushima is the starting point for the 88-temple pilgrimage around Shikoku, a pretty cool, vibrant city as I recall, with lots of hikes and biking opportunities around. I know some folks in that area and made some new friends while I was on the path, make sure to check out BB Mex and say hi to Norman.

Just for a fast update: I'm now a tenured teacher (kyouyu) at the same HS, teaching English and French. Same treatment as a JTE.

Wassup everybody, I'm still in Japan. <3 Oh yeaaaas, figured you all should know.

Tokushima is the starting point for the 88-temple pilgrimage around Shikoku, a pretty cool, vibrant city as I recall, with lots of hikes and biking opportunities around. I know some folks in that area and made some new friends while I was on the path, make sure to check out BB Mex and say hi to Norman.

Did go to BB plenty of times and hung out with Norman haha. That was some good food. He quit his job though, he doesn't the place no more, will never be the same.

Wassup everybody, I'm still in Japan. <3 Oh yeaaaas, figured you all should know.
This is a nice thread. I wasn't involved in it, but I saw today's. Even though you do not post here much, I think it was very considerate and professional of you to come back and let people here know that they may have helped. There are a lot of posters that "dine and dash" so to speak.

Since you are in Japan, might I suggest that you post more, as there are quite a few posts from NNS of English asking about employment in Japan. I am sure you first hand experiences and successes would be beneficial to them.

Cheers

Did go to BB plenty of times and hung out with Norman haha. That was some good food. He quit his job though, he doesn't the place no more, will never be the same.
That's good to hear! Except for him leaving, that's a shame... but I wish him all the best.

Have you had any opportunity to do some of the hikes in the area? The trail between temples 11 (Fujidera) and 12 (Shosanji) on the pilgrimage was one of my favorite sections on foot, and it's pretty accessible from the city. There's also a great little onsen near Fujidera, perfect after a long hike.

Seconded that you should stick around and post more, it's always good to get perspectives from people all over the map, both literally and in terms of experience :)

I am currently researching my options in how to move to Japan and english teaching was a option I discarded since I am not a english native speaker. But reading this thread had been interesting, it really isn't impossible.

Thanks for updating as well, I wish the best of luck in your path.

Back
Top Bottom