What's new

dream + reality

maji

後輩
13 Aug 2003
Really weird, yesterday I had a nightmare (and I've rarely nightmares) in which the main aspects were my sister, my dog and a car crash.
Today I was phoned by my father and he told me that my sister had a car crash. Really strange...

I've never had such an experience (except one strange thing is now that I'm living in Japan I dream in vivid colour and have the most vivid dreams - hubby said that happened to him too when he first moved to NZ......)

anyway I just wanted to say that I hope your sister is ok!

Yes, how is your sister?! Is she okay?

That is pretty freaky. I've had a couple of dreams like that before to, only to have them turn into reality.

She is ok. she is in the hospital because she has really many bruises and things, but no bones are broken or organs damaged or something like that. So she is in some days back at my family. She was bicycling when some guys car hit her (it was his fault, and he fled). Somehow everyone in my family, but I am having bad luck right now. The government forced my sister to take a stupid job because she couldn't find one for the stuff she learned, and then she has this car crash. My brother finished as the best guy of the year at his university his architecture studies, but he's now dealt really unfair jobs in having to work in bad jobs for a low money to get certain certificates (at one job, he didn't even have a helmet by the company for the building lot, got something on his head, was injured, the company didn't want to pay him etc. etc.). My father is retiring from the job this year and is pushed out of his room for decades and moved into a really tiny one.

Anyway: about the dream... that happened 3 to 4 times before in my life. Once I dreamed that I got an email from an old friend whom I didn't hear about for a full year, and the next day, I had one.

I mean, I guess its just a psychological thing. People dream so much, and so much happens in peoples life that at times just because of the number of dreams and events in life, something falls together and looks like a "vision" or something like that. But I've to admit that this explanation doesn't completely satisfy me either... :confused:

Here's something you may like to try, maji. Say "no" three times, out and clear. I do that everytime I had a nightmare; it works for me. 🙂

thank you, Rosie :) I will try that next time I have a nightmare. but luckily I've them only rarely. Most dreams of mine are just strange ;)

I wish your sister a speedy recovery. I have had weird dreams about my family members before, and sometimes these dreams came true. Ever since I tried the trick, (saying "no" three times loud and clear) as soon as I woke up from these dreams, they (these dreams) never came true. This is something science cannot explain, though.:)

A friend I know gets dreams like that all the time. It's like deja vue all the time for her! Insane really... She'll be like, "You know...I had a dream about this exact moment." It is quite odd. Well, do u believe in psychics? ^_~ Some humans are more connected to those specific senses than others... Spooky, eh?

Yeah... it's pretty freaky...

I also had that kind of experience of dreams turning into reality; althought that happens very rarely. I would say that I had 4 or 5 times of that happening in my life....

Mmmm... very interesting indeed.

I had a dream about a tanuki that attacked me and it spoke Japanese to me...... is that a good sign? My brain is starting to think Japanese? :p

I thought everyone did that...

:D

I always know things before they happen. My son thought I was strange, but I explained to him, everyone is capable of "knowing" before, it depends on what is going on in your life. I notice when I am calm and all is good within and around me, there isn't anything I don't see first. I have had dreams about animals, car crashes, things like that and I have learned to accept them as a sort of warning type guidance to choose a different path or road you might say. Sometimes I see animals crossing the road around the corner and a few blocks away from where I am and when I reach that location, there is most always something in the road, sometimes, it has already been run over by a vehicle. I have dreams in much detail about people I know and care about of things that happen to them. Once I had a dream about a friend getting in a wreck before he left on his trip, I called him and told him to be careful. I remember, in the dream, he was wearing a red shirt. Later that evening, he called to thank me, he had almost fallen a sleep at the whell, he pulled off the road, got a cup of coffee, when he got back on, he had just missed a 7 car pile up that had happened moments before. I believe my dreams. They do not scare me and all of who know me, believe " I know" and they trust the warnings I give them. I really do believe everyone has it.

I can tell if it will rain even if the sun is shining about 8/10.
When i'm in a state of not thinking while being aware i can guess what size the customers are going to ask for 8/10 as well. If I start thinking about some one I haven't seen in awhile the odds are i'm about to walk into them. I can pick up feelings from old buildings sometimes. And I sometimes have true dreams, not so much now but it happened a lot when I was a kid.
I once picked up the phone before it rang and answered my friend by name, which TOTALY did his head in for about a week.

Sometimes it's fun, but most of the time it just bugs me because it's unreliable and I don't have much control over it.
That might sound wierd to some of you but trust me knowing things your not surpost too and being unable to prove it is a pain in the arse ! FACT.

Originally posted by nzueda
I had a dream about a tanuki that attacked me and it spoke Japanese to me...... is that a good sign? My brain is starting to think Japanese? :p

I may be able to translate your dream, dear nzueda. It's one of my many specialities. I'm not sure if this talent is godsend, but anyway. But first, I need to know what a tanuki is. :)

Re: I thought everyone did that...

Originally posted by grunt2345
:D

I always know things before they happen. My son thought I was strange, but I explained to him, everyone is capable of "knowing" before, it depends on what is going on in your life. I notice when I am calm and all is good within and around me, there isn't anything I don't see first. I have had dreams about animals, car crashes, things like that and I have learned to accept them as a sort of warning type guidance to choose a different path or road you might say. Sometimes I see animals crossing the road around the corner and a few blocks away from where I am and when I reach that location, there is most always something in the road, sometimes, it has already been run over by a vehicle. I have dreams in much detail about people I know and care about of things that happen to them. Once I had a dream about a friend getting in a wreck before he left on his trip, I called him and told him to be careful. I remember, in the dream, he was wearing a red shirt. Later that evening, he called to thank me, he had almost fallen a sleep at the whell, he pulled off the road, got a cup of coffee, when he got back on, he had just missed a 7 car pile up that had happened moments before. I believe my dreams. They do not scare me and all of who know me, believe " I know" and they trust the warnings I give them. I really do believe everyone has it.

That sounds like a mother instinct to me (instead of "THE GURU MOMENT").🙂

Originally posted by Rachel
I can tell if it will rain even if the sun is shining about 8/10.
When i'm in a state of not thinking while being aware i can guess what size the customers are going to ask for 8/10 as well. If I start thinking about some one I haven't seen in awhile the odds are i'm about to walk into them. I can pick up feelings from old buildings sometimes. And I sometimes have true dreams, not so much now but it happened a lot when I was a kid.
I once picked up the phone before it rang and answered my friend by name, which TOTALY did his head in for about a week.

Sometimes it's fun, but most of the time it just bugs me because it's unreliable and I don't have much control over it.
That might sound wierd to some of you but trust me knowing things your not surpost too and being unable to prove it is a pain in the arse ! FACT.

Don't try to control it and don't be too bothered by it. Enjoy the "THE GURU MOMENT".:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I had a dream about a tanuki that attacked me, and it spoke Japanese to me......
that reminds me that I once dreamed of meeting a satyr on a sunny path in a deep wood who wanted to explain my dreams to me...

Originally posted by Rosie
I may be able to translate your dream, dear nzueda. It's one of my many specialities. I'm not sure if this talent is godsend, but anyway. But first, I need to know what a tanuki is. :)

Hi Rosie!
.....well a tanuki is a Japanese racoon bear. I saw one for the first time that evening.
At one part in the dream he started attacking me and drawing razor sharp lines that were bleeing on my hands - and he said - 窶堋ュ窶堋キ窶堙ィツ ヒ?ケ窶堙ア窶堋セツ? (Kusuri nonda?) LOL! that means "Did you take (/drink) your medicine?":D

Personally I think it's a bunch of mixed up thoughts etc but if you can get anything out of it I'd be curious hehe...
I still feel it's strange the tanuki used the plain form of the verb... I generally always use the poilte -masu form.....

Hi Rosie!
.....well a tanuki is a Japanese racoon bear. I saw one for the first time that evening.
At one part in the dream he started attacking me and drawing razor sharp lines that were bleeing on my hands - and he said - 窶堋ュ窶堋キ窶堙ィツ ヒ?ケ窶堙ア窶堋セツ? (Kusuri nonda?) LOL! that means "Did you take (/drink) your medicine?":D

Personally I think it's a bunch of mixed up thoughts etc but if you can get anything out of it I'd be curious hehe...
I still feel it's strange the tanuki used the plain form of the verb... I generally always use the poilte -masu form.....

Dear nzueda,
this dream was passed on to you as a reminder of your current health condition, as well as your desire to stop the treatment (which you may have) you've been receiving. In short, you're tempted to stop taking medicine. As for the messenger of the dream, well, simply put: the appearance of that racoon bear wasn't specially planned. You just happened to see one that evening. And since that animal is not usually spotted, its image stayed in you head throughout the night, even when you were asleep. As for why the racoon bear appeared harsh in your dream, well, it must be that you've not been taking your medicine or you're tempted to stop the treatment. And if you DO feel that way, it's only because you're recovering.:)

Originally posted by Rosie
Dear nzueda,
this dream was passed on to you as a reminder of your current health condition, as well as your desire to stop the treatment (which you may have) you've been receiving. In short, you're tempted to stop taking medicine.

hehe! wow 😄 About a month ago I seriously did think of giving up the treatment ~ but thankfully I didn't as I have started to improve just recently... I definately will keep it up, and keep taking the medicine ;)

Thanks for the translation Rosie!!!🙂

hehe! wow 😄 About a month ago I seriously did think of giving up the treatment ~ but thankfully I didn't as I have started to improve just recently... I definately will keep it up, and keep taking the medicine ;)

Thanks for the translation Rosie!!!🙂

Anytime, nzueda. Anytime.;)

Hi Maji,

I've had dreams like that too. Quite a few, actually. I even had a boyfriend once who experienced the exact same dream (or portion of it) that I had of eating at a particular restaurant. We didn't realize it until about five years later when we both sat down at a table in that same restaurant and realized that everything was exactly the same as our dream. The same waiter, the same people sitting at another table, etc. Except when I dreamed this dream, I remembered that our conversation seemed to be very "deep" and I also remember ordering an unusual drink. Five years later, it all made sense because the reason our conversation was "deep," was because we were discussing the fact that we were experiencing that very dream! And the unusual drink was a type of mineral water called Clearly Canadian that wasn't even produced when we first had the dream. It was very interesting. I've also found myself in movie theaters, realizing that I had dreamed a part of the movie--and this was the first time the movie was shown. When I was younger, in high school, I used to be able to tell what people were going to say next in our conversations. I often wonder if we're only remembering the "probability patterns" (as physicists would call it) that pan out in life and that maybe we forget the ones that don't. Anyway, interesting subject. It sounds as though you have a lot of psychic abilities, as your dreams are quite fascinating. For instance, I loved what you wrote about your dreams in the "Infinite Universes" post. That was amazing. The first psychic reading I ever got was when I was 17 and it was with the mother of Billy Bob Thornton (the actor/director/producer) in Arkansas at the time. Her name was Virginia Thornton, and she used to be able to do the same thing you do--warn others about possible accidents, etc. She had studied with a professor at UCLA back in the '60s to develop her skills, and she was quite remarkable. I remember her telling me during my visit with her (1975) that her son was going to be very famous one day. And he sure is. Over the years, I have developed my psychic skills a lot, but I don't seem to have the ability to see upcoming accidents as you have, so it sounds like you have a very strong ability in this area. I would encourage you to develop it! 😄

Satori

Now, this is interesting.
It's great everyone is sharing their experiences etc., because I think of things like these sometimes, but I really can't talk about them to anyone, without them thinking I'm really weird.

Sometimes I feel an extraordinary feeling that I know what people will say next, and they do. The deja-vu phenomenon is also extraordinary...it happens to me also sometimes.

There's one dream in particular that I'll never forget. I was about 14 years old when I had a dream about my grandmother's dog. The dog went out to a swamp area near our summer house, and I yelled to him that he would come back and that he wouldn't go there. Although the dog seemed to be happy and cheerful, and he just kept ongoing. When he was in the middle of the swamp, he turned to face me. Everything was so quiet. I just looked at him. He just looked at me. And then, he started to fall into the swamp slowly...and one moment later, he was gone.
A couple of months later, I was home with my mom when the phone rang. It was my father, and he asked if he could talk to my mother. Then I knew right away what had happened. The dog had died.
It's sad but at the same time beautiful. Somehow I think I got to say goodbye. I had some time to prepare myself.

I believe in that dream. One of the reasons is that my grandmother has told me she has also seen dreams that have come true. Those have also predicted death. She knew when her husband, my late grandfather, would die, just as her mother and her numerous dogs she has had.
It's a bit strange since one part of me wants to say this is just foolish and I shouldn't believe in stuff like that, and then on some moments, I get the feeling so strong.

By the way, I read in some science magazine/article that someday in the future, our dreams could be scanned on the tv screen, so that we could actually view them like movies etc. It has something to do with electricity. I think...a fascinating thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom