What's new

Documents and pictures about Nanjing Massacre

A5573A

先輩
20 Apr 2005
The original source of these documents and pictures is a Anti-Beijing website which is established by Chinese in America and Canada(perhaps the Tian'An Men generation). So I think its a little bit more neutral than resouces from a Chinese domestic website.

Their claims may provide a detailed picture for the whole tragedy, which i believed are based on various sources.

Although the claims are not cosidered as the fact of the massacre, it can be argued that it may be more unbiased compared with the Beijing's version.

Note: Some pictures may cause people feel uncomfortable.

Pictures of the Massacre

Document relates to Massacre

An English translation of a classified Chinese document on the Nanjing Massacre

Thanks for the links. I appreciate the note of warning and the fact that you didn't post the pictures directly on JREF. ;-)

You and other users are welcome to post more links about this subject in the thread.

I can already hear the revisionists chime in now:

"Show me PROOF! Those images mean nothing because they could be Chinese people dressed up as Japanese soldiers standing over the bodies of Japanese victims!"

"Where are the official documents?"

Shibuyaexpat said:

"Show me PROOF! Those images mean nothing because they could be Chinese people dressed up as Japanese soldiers standing over the bodies of Japanese victims!"

Believe it or not, Urecco already did so. :p

Shibuyaexpat said:

maybe someone should post the picture of a Yomiuri newspaper front page report about the 'hundred people cut' contest, it has a picture of a Japanese soldier holding a sword, and a Chinese civilian was kneeling next to him, with his hands roped.

Thanks for posting the links. It's strange how the ordinary Japanese of the postwar generations have absolutely no interest to pursue the issues of WWII other than Japan's own suffering. They also seem to condone revisionism by staying neutral and passive in the debate, only venturing out to snipe at China's own [unrelated] human rights "record". There are many courageous historians, journalists and ordinary people who are exceptions. Still, they are vilified rather than supported by society, much like the brave Japanese hostages who went to Iraq to help the Iraqis. This contrasts with the postwar Germans' continuous efforts to research and uncover even obscure episodes, even as they build new memorials to their victims, such as the new Eisenman Holocaust memorial in Berlin. What could be the reason for this? Can the ex-pats in Japan explain this?

Back
Top Bottom