What's new

Do Japanese girls like to interact with Gaijins?

From my experience, depends on the area and who you are with. If you are on your own you stand more of a chance to interact with anyone than part of a group. That being said unless they speak English or they hear or know you speak Japanese, most will just ignore you. Certain areas girls are more foreign friendly, but in general foreigners are kinda seen as a bit scary because of the language barrier.

That is based on my time here anyway. Each person will have a different story to tell about the matter though, it's really about getting out there and finding out for yourself.

From my experience, depends on the area and who you are with. If you are on your own you stand more of a chance to interact with anyone than part of a group. That being said unless they speak English or they hear or know you speak Japanese, most will just ignore you. Certain areas girls are more foreign friendly, but in general foreigners are kinda seen as a bit scary because of the language barrier.

Very informative, I appreciate it! Well said. I plan to go to Japan in two years, I'm going to well prepare myself so I can speak the language so I won't be ignored ;) I don't expect to be fluent.

I was wondering if Japanese women like to interact with foreigners and want to test out their English, or are they really shy regarding foreigners?
I am an American Justin, and met a Japanese girl who was living and working here in NYC. Japanese women are amazing. They are very VERY shy, and you absolutely cannot expect them to understand how the view of life through our American eyes makes sense to her. You need to understand that a japanese will not enjoy a man who is emotional, unstable and party boy. They love to laugh, cute and romantic, and confidence. Over there, you have a different time, but meeting them here is good. GANBATTE!!

I am an American Justin, and met a Japanese girl who was living and working here in NYC. Japanese women are amazing. They are very VERY shy, and you absolutely cannot expect them to understand how the view of life through our American eyes makes sense to her. You need to understand that a japanese will not enjoy a man who is emotional, unstable and party boy. They love to laugh, cute and romantic, and confidence. Over there, you have a different time, but meeting them here is good. GANBATTE!!
I forget to mention we are married now!!

You know what they're all like based on that one....

I forget to mention we are married now!!
I appreciate your input and knowledge, that you took the time to reply to this thread. Congratulations on the marriage, I wish you and your spouse the best of luck :) Btw, are you suggesting that I am an "emotional, unstable and party boy.``

I saw a Japanese pretty gal being together with a foreigner in Fuefuki,she walked together hands by hands.If a girl has a chance,she's interested in dating a right gaijin.

I agree with that. Because my Japanese women friends tend to long for any foreigners.
I'm living in Okinawa now. Okinawa has a military bases and there are many Americans.
They interact kind of bars or clubs something like that. Therefore, my friends make foreigners boy friends and some of them marry with foreigners.

Back
Top Bottom