What's new

Disputed Islands Dokdo, o takeshima?

Korra

Kouhai
2 Feb 2013
I'm korean and I want to address this in this forum. Takeshima day had passed:eek: and it is wrong to teach young Japanese that Dokdo is your land. It's belongs to korea, as a matter of fact. Why?

I know. Google Sites

Go to that site. Your claims are invalid. You should know that.

Thanks for solving that international dispute, bitter biased person on the Internet.

Judging by the tone of your other posts, Japanese have lots of reasons to simply ignore your opinions.

I actually wrote a thesis essay on this last year. The Liancourt Rocks are closer to Korean Ulleungdo, yet they are closer to Honshu mainland of Japan. It is a very interesting situation, yet I am reluctant to state my opinion because of the nature of the original post. This can be a sensitive issue to some, so please don't make a post with no backup of your argument. If you want my real opinion, please be at least respectable next time.

Sorry for that, mister, I might have been a little too angry that time. And if I did make you irritated, I am sorry for my actions. I am a bit short-tempered. And I'm not bitter biased on the internet. It's just that I am angry at what the Japanese had done to my country. My great grandfather's body is missing while fighting in world war 2 for Japan. And what the Japanese say= the WW2 was suck a long time ago. It isn't.

It also angers me that the Japanese are learning wrong history. History is a repetition of the future. Germany is regretting their past, so they won't make the same mistakes in the future. I just want the Japanese to change. Maybe then, Korea and China may look at you guys in a better perspective.

Sorry for that, mister, I might have been a little too angry that time. And if I did make you irritated, I am sorry for my actions. I am a bit short-tempered. And I'm not bitter biased on the internet. It's just that I am angry at what the Japanese had done to my country. My great grandfather's body is missing while fighting in world war 2 for Japan. And what the Japanese say= the WW2 was suck a long time ago. It isn't.

It also angers me that the Japanese are learning wrong history. History is a repetition of the future. Germany is regretting their past, so they won't make the same mistakes in the future. I just want the Japanese to change. Maybe then, Korea and China may look at you guys in a better perspective.

Thank you, I understand where you are coming from now. Japanese Imperialism was horrible. I am sorry about your Grandfather. I can see your standpoint now, because history always repeats itself. That is why it's important to learn from the past. I see your concerns.

Your grandfather has nothing to do with Takeshima. You hate Japan, you're Korean, so obviously you think it belongs to Korea. No meaning to your arguments, since they come from a place of bitterness and bias.
Whoever hurt your family likely died a long time ago, so it's better not to use it as the basis for a land dispute.

It's not about my great grandfather, I don't want it to happen again. By the way, I'd like you to address the disputed rocks liancourt rocks, if you mind. Thank you. I shall do the same too.

And I am sorry about my earlier post, @nahadef. And I was racist. But then, now you're being racist. Not all Koreans hate Japan, you should know. Don't judge my fellow countrymen by my mistake. I told you I am short tempered, I am only a 6th grade student who cares for her country.

If you want, I can give you a fair debate on this. No hard feelings, okay?

Last edited:
I didn't say all Koreans hate Japan, I said you did. Being a Korean who hates Japan, of course you think Takeshima belongs to Korea. There is zero chance that you consider Takeshima Japanese.
I don't think all Koreans hate Japan, but there are an uncomfortable number who think the Takeshima discussion means something, and if Korea gets it they will be winners somehow. In the years I've been here, I've never met a Japanese who cared whatsoever. This is an issue the politicians and businessmen care about. Certainly no Japanese 6th grader cares about a barren rock in the ocean. It's kind of a pointless debate.

The Japanese government is so freaking hypocritical about Dokdo, the Senkakus/Diaoyu and the Kuriles its not even funny. What the position is on the islands of the average Japanese, I do not know.

The Japanese government position on Dokdo is also stupid and greedy besides hypocritical. Sadly the South Korean response has been pretty stupid too. The SK government just passed a law making it mandatory to have a certain amount of "education" about the issue in all schools. Then there were the guys who swam relay to Dokdo. And other overly emotional protests as well. Pretty pathetic responses really.

The only response Japan deserved on the issue was to be completely ignored. It has been foolish of SK to throw gasoline on the little fire rightists in the Japanese government lit. A more calm and mature response is warranted. The islands belong to SK, clearly. Throwing a tantrum only makes it look like Japan might have a case.

And I am sorry about my earlier post, @nahadef. And I was racist.

Actually you were bigoted, not racist.

Def is correct in that the war and what happened to your grandfather (and sorry to hear about that) cannot be blamed on the Japan of today. However, you have every right to be angry about ignorance and denial of Japan's ugly war history. Just please make sure you direct that anger at the right people, and mostly, that is the Japanese government and those stupid rightists. The average Japanese does not know anything or have any influence or opinion. And so, actions like burning the Japanese flag are too much. Better would be to burn effigies of people like Shintaro Ishihara and PM Abe, but not over Dokdo. Like I say, concerning Dokdo, the Japanese government should just be ignored. Perhaps even laughed at.

Uh, dood, Japan did the same thing. My friend found a footage of that, and facebook is bonkers.

"They did the same thing" is not a reason for anything. An eye for an eye makes the world blind. And hating people because politicians are idiots is unreasonable. I agree with nahadef that these debates are pointless for an average person, especially because we can only form an opinion based on what we gathered from the internet, or our environment. One cannot know the truth for sure without inspecting all the evidence both parties think to be proving their right. Altough Japanese politicians being ignorant about WWII, and acting in a provoking manner in these island disputes doesn't help much, I believe I read about some quite immature Korean (politicians') answers to that.

Let me tell you about all the people I, as a Hungarian, could hate because of "what they did to us" in the past: Austrians, Czehs, Slovakians, Romanians, Serbians, Croatians, French, Russians, Germans, Mongolians, Italians, and Turkish. And most of those happened in the last 100 years. When I was probably about 13-14 years old, I used to participate in useless debates about Transylvania and Slovakia, or what the Romanian Army did in WWI. But I stopped doing that because I realized it was dumb and pointless.

Oh, just one more friendly advice: you are addressing the readers of the forum here, not "Japan", or "the Japanese people". Starting with "you have no rights to the islands" is ultimately true, as I don't remember Jref and/or its readers claiming ownership over any islands. This just makes you look aggressive, which in turn makes people ignore you. If you don't want to be percieved as a "bitter and biased person on the internet", don't act like one.

Back
Top Bottom