What's new

Damn I caught influenza....

KirinMan

後輩
23 Jan 2007
Wow, I guess the odd's ran out on me. Caught A from a friend of mine, some friend huh! Oh well time to let it runs it's course and hopefully my kids won't catch it either.

I hope everyone stays healthy...bye

In all the years I have been living in Japan I have never caught the flu A or B until today between the :atchoo: and :shiver: and boughts of :atsui: I am going to go to :sleep:

Damn!

Yeah Obeika! Recover quickly so i still can see you around :D! I hope that the world isnt collapsing! Because everyone these days gets something that they never had or expirienced before.

Obeika: Well, be sure to get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and stay away from people so you don't infect others. The flu is definitely no joke, so do all you can to recover!

Obeika: Well, be sure to get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and stay away from people so you don't infect others. The flu is definitely no joke, so do all you can to recover!

Thanks, The only "scary" part of the experience was having to take the drug Tamiflu. Seems like another teenager jumped to their death here in Japan recently, cause unknown, but there seems to be some link between Tamiflu, which they were taking, and the apparent suicide. Parents are being warned not to leave teenage kids taking Tamiflu alone for about 2 days after starting to take the drug.

Thanks, The only "scary" part of the experience was having to take the drug Tamiflu. Seems like another teenager jumped to their death here in Japan recently, cause unknown, but there seems to be some link between Tamiflu, which they were taking, and the apparent suicide. Parents are being warned not to leave teenage kids taking Tamiflu alone for about 2 days after starting to take the drug.
Yes, that happened here a couple of years ago. It was very tragic, and I feel for the boy's friends and family.

Obeika, take care...I just recovered from the flu as well. I took tamiflu for the 5 days the Japanese Doctor ordered. I felt fine only tired and sick to my stomach, but as I felt that way with the flu, I can't say for sure if it was the drug. You should be just fine! It was my first time taking anything for the flu and I have to say by the 3rd I was much improved. Take it easy though, even when your symptoms are gone I was advised that you should still take extra care of yourself for up to 3 weeks. Feel better soon!

People at work seem to be catching colds this week. I guess I am going to start my Vitamin C regimin now. I usually start it about a week before I go to Japan so I build up my immune system for the trip. All I need is to catch something before I go to Japan in April. I came down with a 24 hr. bug the first time I went to Japan. Wasn't fun. At least I got over it reasonably quick (only about an evening and half a day with fever misery). Get well soon!

@ArmandV, I was told that influenza is really hitting Japan hard right now. Along with taking vitamin c you should also eat yougurt with active cultures. It has good bacteria that help build your immune system, and although the flu is a virus they found that it somehow seems to work for the flu as well. Anyway at least it couldn't hurt!

Well, I think after the bird-flu-mass-hyteria last year, doctors and hospitals are eager to get rid of their Tamiflu stacks. Didn't know it has psychological effects.

I forgot to say 'Get Well' in my post above, Obeika! :atchoo:

@ArmandV, I was told that influenza is really hitting Japan hard right now. Along with taking vitamin c you should also eat yougurt with active cultures. It has good bacteria that help build your immune system, and although the flu is a virus they found that it somehow seems to work for the flu as well. Anyway at least it couldn't hurt!

Thanks, Goldiegirl. I'll keep the yogurt in mind (not really fond of yogurt). I also bring along antiseptic wipes to keep my hands clean. The last three trips to Japan have been illness-free with my method.

i hate doctor bcoz i hate chemical medicine!
so i force myself not to go to doctor or buy any medicines (in result i never go to doctor since 10 years ago -so happy to be free of parent's guard).

if i got a symptom of influenza, i always drink orange juice everday. it work for me smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom