What's new

Daigoji Temple Kyoto

ifjames

先輩
1 Jul 2007
Hi
I have a calendar with an amazing photo of this temple: classic vermillion temple with classic vermillion bridge in front of it, and beautiful garden: but Lonely Planet tells me it is on 2 levels, and a 50 minute strenuous walk from the Sampon-in to the upper (Kami Daigo) level.
Does anyone know this temple, and where my photo may have been taken: it is just superb, and I'd love to spend time just gazing over the garden taking in this view.
However at my age (significant) 50 minute strenuous walks may be beyond me!!

Many thanks

Daigoji Temple

Found it here: Bentendo is the area, and NOT up the steep tiring hike: just in case anyone was interested.
My calendar photo is much nicer than this one though: HMMMM
Cheers

When I was in Japan, I saw many eldery people walking up and down the temples. I went to Shikoku and also saw a few elder people walking to complete the pilgrimage.

I guess the only thing I want to say is that, don't let your age stop you! I have met many amazing travellers at 70+ years old, backpacking and travelling by themselves. I just met a 72 years old American visiting Xi'an, China all by herself and not knowing how to speak Chinese.

Good luck and enjoy Japan!

When I was in Japan, I saw many eldery people walking up and down the temples. I went to Shikoku and also saw a few elder people walking to complete the pilgrimage.
I guess the only thing I want to say is that, don't let your age stop you! I have met many amazing travellers at 70+ years old, backpacking and travelling by themselves. I just met a 72 years old American visiting Xi'an, China all by herself and not knowing how to speak Chinese.
Good luck and enjoy Japan!

Thank you for the confidence, you are very kind : ''age shall not weary them" but the body may not allow what the mind would like!!!!
We anticipate doing everything we can..........

Back
Top Bottom