What's new

Classroom 3

Ruzitah

Registered
3 Jan 2018
Hi everyone, i have a question, i want to know I say "classroom 3". It´s 3きょうしつ or 3のきょうしつ

Usually all rooms would be numbered regardless of purpose in the style:

XX号室 (ごうしつ)

So you would say either just:

3号室 (さんごうしつ)

or for clarity you could say:

教室の3号室 (きょうしつのさんごうしつ)

Or in a building where all the rooms aren't numbered you may find certain rooms numbered by type in the style:

第XX(部屋の名称や目的等)

So that would be:

第3教室 (だいさんきょうしつ)

thank you very much, but It's an exercise from lesson 3 (minna no nihongo), and the vocabulary at that point only includes "kyoshitsu" for classroom . The excercise is "でんわは どこですか。 And the answer is "in the classroom 3". But I'm not sure how is the correct way.

Are you sure that "3" is part of the target answer?

Perhaps the target answer is simply "in the classroom".

In English, it is unnatural to say "in the classroom 3".

Do you have an official copy of the textbook, or a bootleg copy?

Yes, there are 2 classrooms. This is the excercise . But it wasn't a phone, it's a dictionary, My mistake.

26165672_705195226345804_9026946228797125348_n.jpg

Last edited:
There are a number of ways to say this, but I don't think the exercise is asking you to take a stab at vocabulary you don't yet know. I think they are probably just expecting you to answer something like 辞書は301教室にあります。Sorry if that's a spoiler. If you haven't yet learned 301号 or 301号室, or 301番, etc..., then I'm sure the above answer is fine.

So, the correct way is 301教室. Thank you very much Majestic and everyone! The use of particule "ni" is in lesson 5 and "arimasu" in lesson 9, I think. So at this point I just can put 301教室です

Back
Top Bottom