What's new

Books written in furigana

x3ckid

Registered
13 Oct 2015
Can I find online some pdf's to read books in Japanese? I read musashi in English I would like to read it in Japanese. I want to practice how well I know Kana and Kanji. Can anyone help me?

Maybe not what you are looking for, but the Harry Potter books have furigana. I'm not sure about pdfs, but if you live in Japan you can find hardback copies at most Book Offs for just 100 yen or so. Since I had read them in English before, I found them a good way to check my Kanji understanding with a story I could follow.

Maybe not what you are looking for, but the Harry Potter books have furigana. I'm not sure about pdfs, but if you live in Japan you can find hardback copies at most Book Offs for just 100 yen or so. Since I had read them in English before, I found them a good way to check my Kanji understanding with a story I could follow.

Picking up stuff from Book Off is great advice, but it seems the OP was a drive-by poster. We frequently get people who ask questions and never come back to check for replies.

What is a Book Off? A national chain?

An international chain, as they have a few locations overseas.

They revolutionized the marketing of used books through the simple and common sense solution of organizing their stock, making their aisles wide enough to walk through, and having good lighting. All of the things you would expect of any new book dealer but none of which were typically found at traditional used book dealers. They created a pleasant environment and gave their customers a very good chance of finding something from either the author or genre they came in the store looking for and made it easy to browse. Traditional stores typically have their stock jammed in any old place, sometimes "double parked" two deep on a shelf, and frequently stacked up knee-high on the floor of their already impossibly narrow aisles. Finding something that appeals to you is purely a matter of serendipity. Going in search of a specific title is somewhere between looking for a needle in a haystack and a fool's errand.

An international chain, as they have a few locations overseas.

They revolutionized the marketing of used books through the simple and common sense solution of organizing their stock, making their aisles wide enough to walk through, and having good lighting. All of the things you would expect of any new book dealer but none of which were typically found at traditional used book dealers. They created a pleasant environment and gave their customers a very good chance of finding something from either the author or genre they came in the store looking for and made it easy to browse. Traditional stores typically have their stock jammed in any old place, sometimes "double parked" two deep on a shelf, and frequently stacked up knee-high on the floor of their already impossibly narrow aisles. Finding something that appeals to you is purely a matter of serendipity. Going in search of a specific title is somewhere between looking for a needle in a haystack and a fool's errand.
lol, that's a great way to explain used book stores and Book Off.

I guess the OP is not really here to discuss things anymore, but I would be interested in other people's ideas for good things to read, online if possible. I used to look at the NHK News Web Easy sometimes, but I haven't in a long time now.

lol, that's a great way to explain used book stores and Book Off.

I guess the OP is not really here to discuss things anymore, but I would be interested in other people's ideas for good things to read, online if possible. I used to look at the NHK News Web Easy sometimes, but I haven't in a long time now.

You've passed N2 and are working on N1 now, correct? You're not reading Japanese books already?

Not necessarily for me, but I'm always on the lookout for things to share with people.

I've never seen a way around the conundrum of anyone who can't read Japanese well enough to find their own stuff to read also not being able to read stuff that others find for them. Sort of a Catch-22 at work there.

Back
Top Bottom