What's new

Blog for the beginner learner of Japanese

Is it possible to learn a language online (entirely)?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Probably

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Elan2009

後輩
7 Jan 2009
Greetings to all!
My name is Elan I've recently started a blog entitled Learn a Language on YouTube.
Its purpose is to bring forth a number of online resources (especially YouTube videos) selected to help the very beginner language learner.
I've already posted a number of articles, videos and resources on the Japanese language.
Hope you like it and that it's helpful to you!
Would love to hear your feedback.
Best
Elan

Greetings Elan2009 san, and welcome to the JForum.

I appreciate the time and effort you took to create you YouTube blog.

Although I did vote in the poll that a person could learn a language entirely online, I dont' really feel that a person -should- do so. It really helps to have a pocket dictionary and perhaps one or more books in the chosen language to take with you wherever you go if desired. Also, it's absolutely awesome to have folks around locally who know the language you want to learn.

But the internet has definitely helped to sky-rocketed the learning process. I'm grateful for it! I know your blog will be a great help as well.

Take Care,
Aurura

Hi there Aurura,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words.

Actually I am in total agreement with you. It was a big dillema when I was defining the target group for my blog. In the end (also for practical reasons) I decided to focus on the complete beginners group.

As any language learner knows, conversations with native speakers is essential when you want to advance your language skills.

Take care and thanks again!

Elan

Of course it is possible, but it would be a hell of a lot easier if you payed for some of the stuff online and it is definitely not the best way.

Hello Drew-san,

Yes you are right. The more you invest in it, the better your chances are your chances for success. There are some pretty neat stuff on the Net for language learning. Do you use any?

Back
Top Bottom