What's new

Wanted Bid on an item on Yahoo Auctions and forward it to me along with one other item

bunsenburner

Registered
9 Dec 2016
I was working with someone to do this but he is currently away and I need someone to do this in the interim. This task has two parts: 1) bidding on, paying for, and forwarding a CD listed on Yahoo Auctions to me, and 2) receiving a CD that I will order from an Amazon.co.jp marketplace seller and forwarding it.

You will be paid for the cost of the item on Yahoo Auctions, including domestic shipping, the international shipping to get it to me, and 500 yen extra. All payments will be sent as Amazon.co.jp gift cards. All Yahoo-related costs will be paid as soon as you receive the item and notify me; the international shipping costs will be paid as soon as you ship both items to me.

If you are able to do this, please let me know. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reply and ask. Please note that I don't want to use a traditional forwarding service as they cost more than I would like, and all of the fees quickly add up.

If you want me to provide rep from eBay or other sites, I can do that.

Thanks!

You want somebody to do all that legwork for a mealy 500 yen?

Would you do all that for a stranger for a lousy four bucks?

I've sold items on eBay for about that much, after shipping costs... so yes, I guess I would.

Cool! So if I want some stuff sent to me from the US you'll handle the purchasing and only charge me four bucks for the hassle of preparing it for reshipping and driving to the post office and sending it?

Cool! So if I want some stuff sent to me from the US you'll handle the purchasing and only charge me four bucks for the hassle of preparing it for reshipping and driving to the post office and sending it?

Purchasing from YAJ is probably 10 minutes or so of work, total (correct me if I am wrong but that's double the time of an eBay purchase) and my PO is conveniently located... maybe 10 minutes total round trip. It's at least more than minimum wage.

Perhaps you and others out there would, but I doubt anyone on this site is willing to go to all that trouble for a pittance.

But good news! There are gig sites where people who don't value their time are willing to do various tasks for you. The original is fiverr, but here's a list of alternatives, including one for $4 gigs. Perhaps you could post to one of those sites and see if you get any bites.

If you need someone in Japan to do this for you, you might have a harder time finding someone. Also, since you're asking people to make purchases and whatnot, it's unlikely you'll get people to front money for a stranger, and likewise, if you pay up front you run the risk of them taking the money and disappearing. But hey you get what you pay for right?

Looking at the 'similar threads' below this thread I notice one "looking for middleman for Yahoo Japan auctions" from 2005 so it seems this gig has been running for some time.

May I ask @bunsenburner are those 2 CDs ones you want personally to listen to and you're trying to obtain them the most economical way? Or is it a money-making scheme? I'm just curious (because I never bid on anything online in my life)

Why don't you give the CD titles and musicians? Maybe someone can direct you to a source where you can buy direct.

(And really, payment by amazon gift cards...?!?! 😄 )

Back
Top Bottom