What's new

beginners question

eloepp

後輩
23 May 2010
I've been going through the genki book on my own (not going to school or anything) and sometimes I have questions that can't be answered so you might see me around a lot ;)

anyway, I understand that I can say something like...

asagohan wo tabemasen

pretty simple, but I get confused easily... I'm on a practice part where it wants me to make my own sentence and I want to say something like, "for breakfast I eat hamburgers"

would it just be: asagohan hanbaga wo tabemasu ? or does there need to be a particle after asagohan?

Indeed, particles are tough to grasp. The particle "ni" is needed for the case. Or, someone may use "de" or "to shite."

Asagohan ni hanbaga wo tabemasu.
Asagohan de hanbaga wo tabemasu.
Asagohan to shite hanbaga wo tabemasu.

I'm on a practice part where it wants me to make my own sentence and I want to say something like, "for breakfast I eat hamburgers"

would it just be: asagohan hanbaga wo tabemasu ? or does there need to be a particle after asagohan?

Your Japanese is good. Just need a particle.

Asagohan ni hanbaga wo tabemasu would be perfect.

hang in there!

tyvm for the replies ;) I learned about "ni" in my genki book so far but not for that type of usage!

Hahaha, I misread asagohan for maiasa
Today, yesterday, everyday -- And to anything that indicates a movable (relative) time, ni never gets attached. It is grammar-dependent optional with those that indicate a fixed time -- morning, evening, afternoon, etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom