What's new

Bad Priest

i dont see whats so wrong about enjoying some smokes and a beer, hippies have just built that up to be a bad thing

True, but Japanese priests must go through a type of intense training before they can start practicing. To do this, though the details depend on the type of priest they are, they must abandon "desires of wordly men" or something of that sort.

Just out of curiousity why assume that he is a priest or monk? My father-in-law dresses in a similar type kimono quite often and has a beer while wearing it as well. He surely isn't a priest either. I also know of quite a few elderly Japanese people that have short hair like the guy in the picture as well.

From this angle I would only say that, at least to me anyway, it looks like an elderly Japanese gentleman wearing a kimono, enjoying a beer, a smoke and apparently picking his nose getting ready to enjoy a 🍜 maybe?

Some elderly men dress like that cause it's a style that won't ever be in or out of fashion, and it fits an expanding waistline as well. It saves them money, and they can gradually throw away/give away/sell stuff in preperation for death (their children won't have much to take care of when the elderly make their final journey).

Harvey said:
True, but Japanese priests must go through a type of intense training before they can start practicing. To do this, though the details depend on the type of priest they are, they must abandon "desires of wordly men" or something of that sort.

Sounds like something a Jedi would do.

Sounds like something a Jedi would do.

Well. Yeah. It does.

Some priests stand under waterfalls and meditate as well! Or so I've heard. I bet Jedi's do that too.

The word "Jedi" is said to have been adapted by George Lucas from "jidaigeki" (Japanese for "period drama" movies about samurai),
Jedi - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom