What's new

Baby hatch

Do you support baby hatches?

• Yes, one could argue that they save lives

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No, I don't support them (please state a reason)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm not sure how I feel about them

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Any kid that never gets around to developing a functioning brain cannot want anything, so that argument is absurd.
There's a lot of other faulty logic in your posts in this thread, but you're dragging the thread way off topic so I won't say any more.
I'm always up for having any faulty logic of mine brought to light, what's the point of debating otherwise. But as I said, I know the typical Pro-choice's response, and you just put down the typical Pro-choice's response, but if we dig deeper, your measure, as any other measure, will be shown as inconsistent. Despite a lot of Pro-lifer's stretching for arguments, they DO bring up some points that IF you're thinking objectively, simply can't be ignored.

You are talking to an unwanted child, one that was abandoned to a relative soon after birth, severely neglected, then put in foster homes where the foster parents were told it was best not to get close to the children. I was finally adopted into a good home at age five. These issues interest me A LOT. At first I was Pro-life, then after thinking over the issue after lots of debate, would simply have to conclude it's not at all a black and white issue.

If you've got the time, and the inclination, we could debate this in the abortion thread, or if you're up for a true challenge, we could do this in The Philosophy Forums. Some pro-lifer's definitely stretch for an argument ( but then so do a few Pro-choicer's), but IF you're looking at it objectively, they do have some points that can't just be brushed aside. The forum leader of the Ethics forum, himself leaning towards Pro-choice, says that no matter how solid an argument may seem from either side, they all get cut down for being inconsistent.

A burden is a burden regardless of whether it is cute or not.
Abortion and death penalty have radical differences. You are making the mistake of assuming that abortion is murder.

If you consider a child as Burden, better not go for it. In case it is there and you cant help it, at least not demean that human being by calling it a Burden.

Now, the second thing about abortion and death penalty. I understand that sometimes the abortion gets required. But what I meant earlier was, that an abortion can be done within the timeframe of 3 months from the date of conception. Afterwards, it is no more cells but a grown child.

Anyway, I guess we should not divert from the topic and the topic of discussion is Baby hatch and yes, I am against it.

Back
Top Bottom