What's new

As Europe may be a Terrorist-base, Japan must prepare well.

Astroboy

先輩
5 Dec 2007
US fears Europe-based terrorism
One of the biggest threats to US security may now come from within Europe, US Homeland Security head Michael Chertoff has told the BBC.
BBC NEWS | Americas | US fears Europe-based terrorism
_44358529_chertoff_b203_getty-1.jpg

- Japan passport control must check well Fingerprints of visitors from EU nations because EU has not yet implement fingerprinting.
- WHY EU may have become a terrorist-base? How about your opinion?

Last edited:
- Japan passport control must check well Fingerprints of visitors from EU nations because EU has not yet implent fingerprinting.
- Europe is partly Islamic and the share increases. Future Europe may be more Islamic.

I can only agree with this unfortunately. Especially in my country I feel it's too easy to obtain citizenship. Just imagine that people with bad intentions can obtain citizenship in one of the EU countries. Changes are high that they will succeed in this (not in every country but the ones were it's easyer to obtain citizenship). If they do so, the gate to all major European cities is open.

I think only Japan and the U.S. have implemented fingerprinting, right? So Astroboy's comment...
Japan passport control must check well Fingerprints of visitors from EU nations because EU has not yet implement fingerprinting.
...doesn't make sense. That is, why check only the EU nations? It would seem that all countries except Japan should be checked, then, right? At least, that's what Astroboy's logic would dictate. And, conversely, that would mean Japanese don't need to be checked by the U.S.

Ok, now let's deal with that video interview.
1) The interviewer asked "where does the biggest threat (to the U.S.) come from?" Be mindful of this specific question -- biggest threat. Chertoff said, "One of these [indistinguishable word] we've been concerned about lately is the possibility of Europe becoming a platform..." Note the emphasis I placed here because it does not denote answering the question itself.

2) The 2004 Madrid bombing mentioned by Chertoff did not stem from a European, but from a Moroccan, whose ties to al Quaida have not been established, despite earlier thoughts to the contrary.

3) The 2006 Madrid bombing may have been caused by "homegrown" terrorists in the form of ETA members, who were arrested. So, which one of these bombings was Chertoff referring to? He's 50% off.

4) The 2005 London bombing has received a ton of press about who actually did it. Several people were arrested; some were even released. It is not clear whether any of these people were truly working for al Qaida. The only thing that seemed clear was the blatantly obvious fact that this bombing was carefully planned and took time to prepare. So, "homegrown"? The supposed ringleader Khan was born and raised in Leeds, although is father was born in Pakistan, so I guess this could be a homegrown label that sticks, but the bigger question is, what can any country do about it? Khan was raised and educated in the British system all the way through university. Anything he may have learned from his Pakistani roots is just not something the local government can monitor or control.

5) The failed bombings in Germany were not homegrown. The suspects are students from Lebanon. One actually attended a Christian school in Tripoli, not an Islamic extremist school.

6) Chertoff acknowledges that stopping the visa waiver program in the US would be detrimental to business and tourism, but even so, if we are talking about European terrorists, the information from the bombings mentioned by Chertoff himself shows that the U.S. is looking in the wrong place. Chertoff even said, "...that suggests to us that the terrorists are looking to Europe both as a target and as a platform for terrorist attacks." Where does he get the platform focus?

7) Despite Chertoff's remarks about increased security in the U.S., he completely avoided answering the question about fingerprinting on the Mexican border. Not cool.

8) Chertoff then states several other countries as targets of terrorism (e.g., Bali, Somalia), but these are not the U.S.!

And, one final thought here. Terrorists are not always Islamic extremists.

So, Astroboy, you wrote:
As Europe may be a Terrorist-base, Japan must prepare well.
Why? The above article and interview really didn't indicate anything pointed at Japan in the least.

That's true.. I believe Japan has hosted quite a few of it's own terrorists, the Aum sect immediately comes to mind with their barbaric act of Sarin gas on the subway..

Anymore examples?

Japanese Red army a terror group from the 70's with ties to other Euro and Middle Eastern terror groups during that same time period.

Not sure whatever became of those guys.....

Terrorist became pan national a long time ago and many did and still do work togethere.

EU visitors to have fingerprints taken

Every visitor to the European Union would have to provide fingerprints before being allowed to enter, under plans unveiled yesterday to clamp down on illegal immigration.

The move to record the arrival and departure of non-EU citizens and to store the data in a single European database is part of a wider overhaul of border security. It is aimed at the largest single category of illegal migrants: people who remain once their visa or permit has expired.

The scheme, which must be approved by all 27 EU governments before it can come into force in 2013 as proposed, has been criticised by civil rights groups. They fear that it could lead to a "fortress Europe" mentality against foreigners and to identity theft if the data were lost or stolen.
The Times & The Sunday Times

Welcome to Fingerprinting Club.

I am very interested to see how Human-right-conscious Europeans react.?????

I am very interested to see how Human-right-conscious Europeans react.?????
I don't see how fingerprints would infringe my human rights.
If you don't like it you could always try to melt off your fingerprints with fire.

Islamism !!

On the homepage "schlapp.li " you can find an interesting
report about this theme. Easy to understand.
(Publikationen, in German )

I don't see how fingerprints would infringe my human rights.
If you don't like it you could always try to melt off your fingerprints with fire.
I'll ignore your second statement above. Totally useless anyway.

Have you been reading any of this thread or related ones about fingerprinting in Japan? Probably not, is my guess.

The fingerprinting policy here infringes on human rights for many reasons.

1. Not everyone is fingerprinted. Not even all foreigners. That's discrimination.
2. Many of us foreigners have already been fingerprinted in the past, and Japan recognized that as unlawful and/or discriminatory, so they discontinued the process. Now it's back without just cause.
3. Some of the "just causes" cited don't make sense. Terrorism -- no foreigner has committed terrorist acts in Japan. Contagion -- yeah, like only foreigners carry disease, and like fingerprinting tracks this.
4. The database is flawed. It cannot possibly be 100% accurate. Even at 99% accuracy, that means an average of 2 people per day could be considered wrongly as terrorists or criminals.
5. Since the database is to be shared with other branches of the government, the Japanese police force, and other countries, it represents a major risk in leaking personal information without just cause.
6. Related to #5, even the Japanese people stopped an act by its own government in establishing a national ID system, mostly because they didn't believe it would be secure. Such information has been made public or lost before. So, why inflict this on us poor ole foreigners?

Get it now?

Actually finger prints have actually NOTHING to do with human rights.

Arguments about:
1- About only some people being fingerprinted. Human rights for discrimination are only broken when something HURTS or SEVERERS one's basic rights.
2- What Japan did or didn't do is irrelevant.
3- It is something called PREVENTION.
4- System flawless that can make you seem like a terrorist: How exactly is that a human rights violation?
5- Leaking information: How exactly is that a human rights violation?
6- Same as 2.

As much as you people like to force situations to become what you want, some facts remain:
Fingerprints:
- Doesn't really hurt anyone.
- Help protecting borders from known unwelcome criminals/terrorists/hooligans/etc.

I think only Japan and the U.S. have implemented fingerprinting, right? So Astroboy's comment...
...doesn't make sense.

:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL:

I think what Astrobiy is trying to say, and this is a think, that because Europeans are not figerprinted, they should be when they come to Japan, although logic appears to be totally absent.

Actually finger prints have actually NOTHING to do with human rights.

What it is pointing to that In Australia and I'm sure other countries, people who have been naughty, done something against the law, criminal records, are fingerprinted.

I was pulled over once in Japan whislt riding my scooter, and they fingerprinted me..

My wife said that they shouldn't have, but I said no worries to stop her from making a complaint..

Last edited:
btw !!

If after an accident you were found, unconscious or worse,
without documents (robbery), fingerprints will help to find
and proof your Identity !!

Ok keeping in mind apart from all the Arabs now also all the Europeans want to blow up themselves with the result of in the best case killing quite a few other people or destroying some important structure ,well at least after 70 years of not doing anything Germany has something to look forward to 👍

But in how far will this affect me applying for a visa for Japan to work there?
What is the normal processing time for a visa from a West-European country?
I'm sorry if this isn't exactly the subject discussed but I would be very greatfull for any help.

But in how far will this affect me applying for a visa for Japan to work there?
Not at all. The fingerprinting policy has only to do with reentry or initial entry.

What is the normal processing time for a visa from a West-European country?
Hard to say. Depends on a zillion factors. Qualifications (and the ability to prove them sometimes). Sponsor. Nationality. VERY rough estimate: 4-8 weeks.

A little (or a lot) more background info might produce better results.
You're a male German. What sort of job do you want? How old are you? What is your educational background? When would you like to start working here?

All I can tell you, aside from the above, is that Germans can get working holiday visas, which make them eligible for almost any sort of work.
The Working Holiday Programmes in Japan

Well I'm german male 18 but will be 19 by the time I go to Japan I will also by the time I go to Japan have my Abitur comparable to A-levels although I think it's a better qualification but thats just my personal perception.
I'm going to Japan to do my social services as I am required to do by german law well it's either social services or Afghanistan for me.^^
So I will be working at an institute called ARI (Asian Rural Institute) if everything works out.
And my sponsor in this case would be the Kassel peace Forum.
Oh I've been stopped by the police once or twice but I'm not sure if just being stopped is noted in your police data or only if you actually had done anything illegal.

Oh and here just some misc. infos:
-192cm
-green-blue eyes
-light brown hair turns to dark blond in summer
-pale skin tone

Oh I've been stopped by the police once or twice but I'm not sure if just being stopped is noted in your police data or only if you actually had done anything illegal.

How many police officers asked you to stop and question you in your country?
In Japan, just one or two officers usually do so only when I ride a bicycle.

So it was my great trauma that I as an innocent tourist was surrounded by four or five officers on a street in your country, though I had my hair shaved then.
In order to avoid the stupid trauma like me, show off your bike registration to the J cops in Japan. The one or two minite patience is efficient, though some human right activists claim you should challenge them.

How many police officers asked you to stop and question you in your country?
In Japan, just one or two officers usually do so only when I ride a bicycle.
So it was my great trauma that I as an innocent tourist was surrounded by four or five officers on a street in your country, though I had my hair shaved then.
In order to avoid the stupid trauma like me, show off your bike registration to the J cops in Japan. The one or two minite patience is efficient, though some human right activists claim you should challenge them.

I was stopped here in Germany they were looking for someone and I seemed to fit the description that was the first time an the other encounters I had with the police was due to me walking home after a party and they asked me what I was doing etc. .
Oh and I don't ride a bike and I havn't got a shaved head =D
I think they mainly stopped me because in the area where I live from time to time there are problems with assault crimes comitted by drunk youths and although I was a littler tipsy I never have actually done anything they accused me of and in the end they just let me go but I'm not sure they were really convinced I didn't do anything.

You do not have to worry about the stop-question by the police in Japan, if you come here from the countries where it is legal.

If you want to brush up your Japanese skill with them, just listen their conversation carefully.
Usually (from my past experiences) older police officers play a bossy role, and younger ones do more reasonalble or kider roles.

And it is good to remember that spring and autumn are the safe trafic campaign seasons for some police officers expecting more bonuses.

Well, i see alot of Arab boys marrying beaufitul White girls over here as well as alot of violent crimes against white. Alot of hot Japanese girls go out with White guys too but why are the Japanese guys always so lonely?

Back
Top Bottom