What's new

Anyone here Mixed japanese?

fantomu

後輩
9 Oct 2006
Wondering if there is any other mixed japanese people in the forums. My mom is half japanese, so im a quarter japanese. Well, just wondering🙂

Both my parents were born in the United States, but my mother is of Japanese descent and my father is of English descent. My wife is Creole and Mexican... So my two sons are very mixed.

Hey how ya doing? Welcome to JREF Fantomu-san!!

I am part Japanese; my mother is Japanese and my father is Dutch. Makes a pretty good mix if I may say so myself. 😊

I'm part Japanese (see avatar) and methinks I'm a quarter, though our family history's very very hazy. I barely know anything about my paternal grandpa (he died when I was 11) but he was a quiet man with a great love for photography. And our family name isn't real either. Like I said, lost history...

Yeah,some of us can distinguish light-skinned Phillippinos with Asian continental Mongoloid facial features as partly mixed with East Asian stock from the pure indigenous looking locals.

I am very similar to you Fantomu.

I am English, Danish, German, Scottish, Swedish, French, and Japanese.

My Mom is the one who bears the European Blood. My dad is Full Japanese.

Half Chinese-Half Japanese. Convenient when I want Asian food.

European descendants always seem to be so diversely mixed.

European descendants always seem to be so diversely mixed.
I'm also often baffered by how "mixed" Americans are! It must be interesting to have ties with four, or sometimes even more, different cultures.

But then again, all Americans are "mixed" in the sense that they're of European descent right? Well except if your family is of purely 100% Irish, English, Dutch or whatever descent, but my guess is those cases are rare.

But then again again, all Europeans are "mixed" too; the Dutch had German rulers, Spanish rulers, French rulers.. And often vice versa.

We're all one big family.

I'm also often baffered by how "mixed" Americans are.But then again,all Americans are "mixed" in the sense that they're of European descent right?

Nowadays,a good percentage of younger generation Americans are " racially mixed " as inter-racial marriages drastically increased since 1980's

I'm also often baffered by how "mixed" Americans are! It must be interesting to have ties with four, or sometimes even more, different cultures.
But then again, all Americans are "mixed" in the sense that they're of European descent right?

I wouldn't say all Americans are of European descent. Not by a long shot.

I wouldn't say all Americans are of European descent. Not by a long shot.
Oh yeah well, many are of Asian or indigenous Indian or other descents, that's true. But that's not my point; it's just that no American is "pure". But then again, who is?

Oh yeah well, many are of Asian or indigenous Indian or other descents, that's true. But that's not my point; it's just that no American is "pure". But then again, who is?

True, but so many don't even go back a generation. My mom was full Chinese and my dad was full Japanese, but even within that there were differences if you got specific. Part of my dad's family was from Okinawa and some wasn't, which to some extent is a mixed Japanese. The Japanese ultimately came from China, so in some way, I'm full Chinese. I guess I just notice when people describe themselves and list 5 nationalities, not how different those nationalities may or may not be.

My half-sister who is 1/8 Japanese, 1/2 American, and the rest is Swedish, came to the US for the first time about 2 years ago.

She would go up to American Indian people and start speaking in Japanese - some looked enough like Japanese folks, that she thought they were.

Boy, were they confused!

The Japanese ultimately came from China, so in some way, I'm full Chinese.

Majority Japanese's ancestors ( excluding Ainu ) migrated from specific regions of Asia continent,mainly China's NE region ( plus SE Siberia ) and lower Yangtze River Delta.However,Japanese core blood line is Tungus plus Nomadic element.

Chinese generic race has many Mongoloid origins,mine are mostly Hua-Xia ( paternal ) and Bai Yue ( maternal side ).

Majority Japanese's ancestors ( excluding Ainu ) migrated from specific regions of Asia continent,mainly China's NE region ( plus SE Siberia ) and lower Yangtze River Delta.However,Japanese core blood line is Tungus plus Nomadic element.
Chinese generic race has many Mongoloid origins,mine are mostly Hua-Xia ( paternal ) and Bai Yue ( maternal side ).
We are all descendents of Africans, right?

No problem with this assertion 🙂

My only problem with it is that you open the door to people claiming other races are "more evolved" than Africans, thus somehow superior.

Thanks for the explanation on the origin of the Japanse. Learn something new every day. 👍

I'm part Scottish, a little English, Half german+austrian from my pappy, and Part of my soul seems to belong to Japan, ever since I was 14. :p

We are all descendents of Africans, right?

And apparently just one sub group of Africans, if Mitochondrial DNA is to be believed.

I'm not sure where I read it recently, I'll have a poke around, but apparently Mitochondrial DNA tracing points out 5 or 7 "groups" of mitochondrial DNA, and nearly all humans no earth belong to only one, and the rest of the groups are almost entirely found within the confines of the african continent.

Interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom