What's new

Anyone else get a message like this

Japan query

Now, isn't that funny? Yesterday evening, I received the following email, sent to a private account. Compare to the mail in the first post.

Subject: Japan query
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:58:14 -0000

Hi I hope you're well. My name's Paul Mills. I'm from Australia and saw your name on the member list of the yahoo Japan forum, after being fortunate enough to stumble across it during research.

With another classmate, I'm researching Japan and Japanese culture and history, for a high school project we're doing and would greatly appreciate your help if possible. There's stacks of great information available on Japan, so that's no problem at all, but we also needed to survey (if we can find any) any people on the question below (which we can't answer), but preferably those having much admiration for anything Japanese and Japanese related (and may have more than likely travelled to Japan at least once), who can speak of their admiration reasonably eloquently. I'd be honored to have your response if possible.

Question : For the realistic negatives Japan has, just as every other country also does of course, what makes (and always has made) Japan and it's people, culture, food, history, geography, etc., so unique and compelling to you, compared to other countries ? Or if you've travelled to Japan before, what made (and still makes) Japan, it's geography, people and culture, so beautiful, unique and compelling to you ?

This can be answered normally in normal wording in just a paragraph, or even in a rhyming poem (but not a haiku), or limerick, if interested.

If you've read any particularly eloquent, articulate comment/s someone's made about Japan (that you reckon answers this question in your view) and have kept it on file, because it impressed you, feel free to quote it.

If in addition to answering yourself, you wish to recommend anyone you know (or don't know, but still admire), whom you regard as quite knowledgeable and / or eloquent on the subject of Japan, please do so if possible, as it would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time, in anticipation of your response.

Sincerely,
Paul

Just a coincidence?

Or it could be they were given a suggested way to ask questions and told to look up japanese stuff online. If they put in Japanese and forum in google, guess who pops up first...either way I find it amusing.

That said, how they found a personal address is interesting...

Not to be left out ...

Yup!

I got one too. Didn't respond.

Quite fascinated that everyone else got them as well. But it is as I suspected.

What are they up to?

(I think I'll start a "Can we trust Australians?" thread ........):D

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

Jack said:
I found it in my pm box, i noticed the member who sent it, hadn't made a post, so i came to the conclusion not to respond. But has anyone other than myself received a message similar to this?
P.s.
An idea to Thomas, if people sign-up to spam members and not post maybe there should be like a post count, say you have to post 5 posts to be able to use the PM service. Thus in the end stopping people signing up and spamming the members.

It takes a man from Lincolnshire to come up with a sensible suggestion!

I'd go along with that.

(BTW - Is it possible that Koizumi san himself sent these messages - in a desperate need to poll international reaction ...?)

Just a thought.

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

Back
Top Bottom