What's new

A "Hachimaki” Head Band?

Jags1

後輩
2 Oct 2018
Another item I found was a silk 43" X 12" silk scarf, headband or, something else.... obviously not sure.

I have attached several photos and, while the lettering is "smeared", I hope someone can figure out what is says or means. I posted several orientations as I'm not sure how the letters "run" to be read. Thanks again for all your help!

Attachments

• Silk band 1.jpg
    Silk band 1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 100
  • Silk band 2.jpg
    Silk band 2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 144
  • Silk band 3.jpg
    Silk band 3.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Silk band 4.jpg
    Silk band 4.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Silk band 5.jpg
    Silk band 5.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Silk band 6.jpg
    Silk band 6.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Silk band 7.jpg
    Silk band 7.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 112
I had posted photos of a silk 43" X 12" silk scarf, headband or, something else, back in May and was hoping that someone could shed some light on it. So, I thought I would take another shot at it.

I have attached several photos and, while the lettering is "smeared", I hope someone can figure out what is says or means. I posted several orientations as I'm not sure how the letters "run" to be read. Thanks again for all your help!
Silk band 1.jpg
Silk band 2.jpg
Silk band 3.jpg
Silk band 4.jpg
Silk band 5.jpg
Silk band 6.jpg
Silk band 7.jpg

I merged the threads. "No response" is usually the same meaning as "hard/impossible to read".

There is no picture of the correct orientation in the ones you posted. It's written horizontally, and the signature (the column of small kanji) should be put the left end since it's read from right to left. Thus, the correct one is the reversed version of #5 and 6.

The third kanji is 聲; the traditional form of 声. The first one looks like 以, and the second one could be 聞, but it doesn't make sense.

As for the signature, it might be 彩書, i.e., calligraphy by 彩 (Sayaka, Saya, Aya, Ayaka, Sai, etc.). The last one is his/her kaō.

Thanks for the response. Any guess as to what it is or what the kanji may "mean"? Again, many thanks!

As I wrote, it doesn't make sense, thus, it means that my interpretation is wrong. Sorry, but I have no idea about the meaning. If I could guess it, I would have posted it in the initial thread.

Back
Top Bottom