What's new

3 Japanese Hostages in Iraq - HUGE news in Japan

Maciamo, it seems the US is doing just the same for their guys in Iraq as what the Germans do in Afghanistan. I found this in an NYT article about closure of roads due to attacks on convoys which led to problems in food supply.
Just one company, Kellogg Brown & Root, is "responsible for delivering 40 percent of drinking water, food and fuel consumed by the American occupation authority and the 135,000-soldier command."

I think, it's reasonable to assume the Japanese are doing the same.

I stand with what I said about us not doing the Afghanistan situation wrong. But I also do not disagree with the Bush adminsitration being obsessed with Iraw and fulfilling his fathers job. Which makes me a 50/50 split on Dislike and Like of Bush. But I do not think Kerry will benefit the U.S. any more then Bush, as said and stated before.. The Presidency is nothing but for power and moneyand to be elected next time so it wont hardly ever be ran right.

where are the japanese spirit of bushido?

I think that with sep. 11th Osama declaired an open war...
in all the world and anytime...it is western agaist fondamentalistc islamic
unfortunanly my country have paid more thatn other after us soldiers..
19 italians were killed and now a civilian has been shut on his head...
but before the shut he said:
now i let you see how an italian dies

this remebers me the way of
Bushido that for many japanese it is something to see in the cinema,
like in the last Samurai.
I have been in japanese martial arts for 30 years...and I learne that when
you must fight in reality you cannot use you power 50 %

Now there is a war (not declared like in the past) we saw what happen in spain and spanish governement is escaping like a mouse when see the cat.....

Why they take civilians ? it is too easy....
women reporters....etc....

I think Japan should resist adn not do like the spanish....
Onu is something slowmotion.......most of them are employes well paid
and to take a decision and to be operative take a months and months...
Where were Onu when in Rwanda milions of civilians were killed like chiken?

Yuka82 said:
I agree with senseiman. There are many conspiracy theories in Japan right now. Especially because we still don't know the whereabouts of the three hostages but the majority of the Japanese, I dare to say, still want them to come back safely to their families. Actually, a lot of people call the Prime Minister "heartless" due to his refusal to meet with the families.

Oh, ippolito.
I am sorry to your sadness and deplore their loss.

but the temporary withdrawal of Japan Self-Defense Forces becomes to be rumored recently, for the reason that Samawah, Iraq south area, where Self-Defense Forces are dispatched is not turning into a noncombat area.
if they withdraws, I'm anxious that everyone looks on it as the evidence witch Japan is compromised by terror.
What do you think?

well, i hope japan pulls out. this is a shameful war that should be brought too an end. i know american troops under the bush regime will do what is necessary too keep all the countries currently in iraq there. bush is having trouble in america, with the facts coming out that people in his admin lied about the war, coupled with no reason too go there other than saddam being a bastard (and there are plenty in the world, no need too single out ones that have tried too kill your dad, have oil, and buisness moguls like haliburton would drool over). bush, in his infinite stupidity, originally called this war a "crusade" against terrorism, and claims it has carried over from afghanistan. i can tell you that if you want insurgents, uttering the word "crusade" is the way too do it. and as i believe none of the reasons for going too iraq, every person who dies there...EVERY person, is an act of barbaric murder. these people should be reason enough for the meager troops japan has there for political reasons too withdraw. japans leader can only prove how corrupt he is if he allows even one japanese citizen too die for political reasons.

EDIT sry i wrote this post after only reading page one...ignore any reference that has already transpired plz.

politics dirthy question

I understand tha Japan as Italy could be a target.....
but all are doing something to get the power even Al Sadre
could reach an agreement with us ...as to have more power in the new
iraqi gov. in July....but if this will be an accomodation what happen to those iraqi fighters that died few weeks ago trying to do a battle against marines? So those young gave their life for this man and his religion
there are no religions that admit omicides.
I can image how much money the us gov has planned for us companies
for the recostruction in Iraq, but Ithink they made some mistakes
of undervalue the postwar situation....
In my ignorance I could say let them live as they wish....with religious
power behind the future iraqui gov. and they would care by themself
only as italians are doing send medicines and food......perhpas it could explode a civil war with milions of deaths...perhaps not....who could say this?
kumbawa
Ippolito san[/

The American's claim me as one of their own. And, I'm against the war in Iraq (and Afganistan too). May I ask any Japanese who would care to answer why they are involved with the likes of the "American president"? What would a typical modern Japanese do if the situation with the hostages held in Iraq were reversed? If modern Japan were invaded, would a the Japanese even fight at all?

hostages (now freed, of course) in Irak

Well, in the first place, what is Japan doing over ther ? :? That is the real question.

... and don't serve me any of this bush..shxxxx abour saving the world !

Nobody believe that any more. Today we all know that "daddy's little boy" wanted a revenge, because daddy said so and decided, along with his mates he had then in his government in the '90 (the same as in this government today) and little boy did just that what daddy ordered. It was all based on lies, contempt and total non-respect of his fellows citizen.

Now what we have to find out is : what's the relation between "little boy's" daddy and... Koizumi's dad ?

I think that us politics have done many mistakes......on the first Gulf war they were to take Saddam but they stopped....so they need a new war with more deads
to get him and the story is not finished.......it seems another Vietnam
I hope for all especially for the children that always pay in wars.....
with death or bad injuries that alll this will finish in this year.....
Perhaps e multinational force without us and british and italians could be accepted as to let them create a democratic gov. but it is very difficolt to organize that force
with the mission to defend the innocent people all this could be reache oly with
agreements with imam and local important people...wthout this i think that it will very difficolt to have a clear future...there this my simple opinion...
Ippolito

to ippolito san

Well now Sir :

I think Japan should resist adn not do like the spanish....
Onu is something slowmotion.......most of them are employes well paid
and to take a decision and to be operative take a months and months...
Where were Onu when in Rwanda milions of civilians were killed like chiken?[/QUOTE]

You should'nt talk about things you dont know, especially about ONU (or UNO in english). Obviously if you think ONu is slow motion, maybe you are only partly right and in some cases only. But you should also ask yourself : "Why ?" Just try to take along five or your best friends and ask them to resolve a very important matter, where life & death is concerned, a topic which will cost millions or billions. See then if you can resolve that in less than five minutes. UNO, it's over 150 countries, and not all friends in the first place. ONU has made many mistakes, yes, but this organization is constantly the theatre of internal discussions (fights ?) between so many ideologies and politics. That might be part of an answer to your questions.

Now just imagine the world without ONU, and see what it would be.

Rwanda ? I wonder why the US did not interfere with those dangerous killers ? ah yes, of course ! No petrol. Why the italians did not go there in the first place ? Ah, yes, no american friends, of course ! And still no petrol.

you see ? nothing is white or black. It's in the shady parts of grey that one has to find the answers.

as for the spanish withdrawal, i hope the polish government will have the same guts as the spanish and get out of there, too. Koizumi should follow, this is a no-good war (is there such thing as a yes-good war ?), Berlusconi will not have the strength of characters to pull out, of course.

in the end, the entire world is losing. No winners !

Have a wonderful day ippolito san

I understand thast the power of us in onu is very heavy....but there are other nationsmuch more powerful than Italy like Russia Germany and China....
Italy does not have many soldiers and now is changhing as to have only volunteers and professional soldiers but the numbers are very different....
In Rwanda could go also russians chinese and or german and french....
so multinational force without us...as us doesn't had any interests there as you wrote....Ithink sometime could change in a near future if Kerry will win the elections
but he will be under pressaure by the economic forces thet are very strong there.
It seems that most of the countries just look what happen....everywere
and they look like Switzerland always far from all the problems of this world,
as I often say no positions no decisions
Here about Berlusconi most parties say that leave now Iraq it will let them going
certanly to a civil war as to conquist the power between Sunniti and Sciiti..
and regiolous influence could bgien sometime similar to Kossovo with many deads.
I think, in my simple mind, that the solution is out us but jp italians and all the others there with new countries involved ..as to defend and assist the civilians
and the new indipendent Iraqui gov. but this it will be very difficolt.......
also you should have nice day.....
Ippolito san

Onu and Kossovo

You should'nt talk about things you dont know, especially about ONU

Sorry but I saw the results....I do not know if you are japanese but here
at less than 500 km Serbs and albanees were destroying themeself
even women and children they called etnic cleaning and only Nato
stopped all this....Onu just approved...so I am talking about onu
based on what are the events....in this case lets Forget about
Cecenia or Tibet.....forgotten problems.....
take care
Ippolito

]

wars & warmongers

Hi Ippolito,
whatever we, little ones we are, have to say about wars, doesn't mean a thing.
Unfortunately !

The war(s) in the Balkans seemed to be over but it's not, and probably wont be for another generation or two, or three. And that is a nasty one, juste like any other war.

The war in Irak should never have been. It's solely (the stupidity of) one man, without any guts but just to please his daddy who went there. And there has been enough other (stupid little sheeps) men to follow. All that for economic reason and none other.

The one who applied for reason before war were laughed at. The french, german, belgium, swiss (and many others) governments were treated as traitors and perfidious !

Some african nations even lost their financial aid they received from america. How disgusting can you get ?

Let the Iraki people organize their own country, even if there must be bloodshed. Out with everybody, let them tell us who they want to help. A nation, (almost all nations in fact) have been born this way, through pain and suffering. Is it inevitable ? I do not have the answer and no one has it.

What are the causes of all the wars ? Not so many :

1) Religion & ethnic (Ethnico-religious)
2) Economics, for petrol or other goods, for land, and so on...

3) ? That is all

One can find other minor reasons (if there are such "minor" reasons to kill), but they will all bring you back to 1) or 2).

Long time ago, they fought for fire. That was survival. This reason is yet completely unecessary.

or is it ???

good week to all

Magazine Ads about Hostages Covered up in Sapporo Subway
SAPPORO, April 18, Kyodo - Stickers have been placed on ads for Shukan Shincho weekly magazine hung in subway trains in Sapporo to hide personal information on the three Japanese hostages recently released in Iraq, Sapporo City Transportation Bureau officials said Sunday.
"Personal information" finally available in English, this is the article based on the Weekly Shincho reports.

Drug Addict and Leftists: the truth about the three Japanese hostages in Iraq

「自業自得」 「税金泥棒」 「ぬるぽ」

Last edited:
like all lands after many years under a commander like Saddam.....if no NAto or Onu
there will be a civil war as to get the power btwn Sciiti and Sunniti and the religious parties that are very strong....perhpas it was better to leave all like before...and some of those the bilions of dollars spent give to those pooor african countries were children die every day without food and nothing medicine food water.....
This should be the most important goal of us adm.on working with onu to help those children getting food and not bombs....perhaps all this could stop the terrorism and could change those contries consideration for us gov.mnt
This is my simple consideration....but in this moment is an utopia....and milions of children will continue to die every year as no food and water and medicines and doctors unfortunanly this is a reality....not an utopia or a fantasy of a simple man like me.....
have a nice weekend to all

Back
Top Bottom