What's new

2019 Typhoons and Their Children

TGI-ECT

先輩
6 Jan 2007
So maybe we should have just one thread, unless a particular typhoon is so horrid it deserves its own.

By the way, we had a typhoon this season back in January, in case y'all missed that one.

Anyway, what has my interest is this very strange tropical depression that I have been keeping an eye on for a bit over 24 hours and that is racing north and has yet to strengthen to storm or typhoon category strength. I do not recall the last time, if ever, I have seen a tropical depression last that long simply as a TD.

And storms that act weird tend to put me in early stages of worry.

And the plot the JMA folks have for this one means a bunch of us are going to have some watching out to do. How much we'll have to watch out for is always the number one concern, of course. Pacific coast side for this one, is the present plot from the desks of those weather folks at JMA.

I also watch typhoons. Unusual behaviour for a TD but understandable if the sea temperature is not high enough for it to develop further but not low enough for it to dissipate.

It's at 1000mb, which seems weak--and tho it could be wet, certainly no winds to worry about.

And the wx behind it looks pretty clear (radar), while my local weekly forecast is saying rain for almost a week...?

Had some heavy rains and wind, but by 1 pm the skies were blue.
I think this year we will see an unusual amount of wetness. The end of June and the weather is so much different then it was 25 years ago. I'd be taking 3 showers a day in June.

Yes, the water temps situation and that influence on the development of a storm I am familiar with, but I would have thought, from past logs of typhoons at this time of the year, that we'd be seeing 1903 growing up to that upper storm society of the typhoon class, but it sure looks like Sepat isn't going to make it. I guess I'm surprised that we have lower water temps out there.

Anyway, Sepat is off the coast of Aichi or Shizuoka in this screen grab:

One thing is for sure, Sepat is in a hurry to get up north. Maybe has a date with a beautiful TS that is hiding from us human folks and them machines up in space that pick up these storms. Tropical Romance Story 03!

Oh yes, a correction. Not typhoons on January 1st and February 20th.

Both just tropical storm status.

January 1st TS1901 -- Pabuk.
February 20th TS1902 -- Wutip.

I spotted this latest tropical depression on JMA's site yesterday, but wasn't going to give it much attention because it is way out of our area of interest, unless a member lives where it wants to go; but then a short time ago I saw this tropical storm has some really neat dance moves --- on a mega scale, of course --- so I decided a screen grab of Dancer A wasn't such a bad idea:

My goodness, if this storm didn't have the potential for being so dangerous this could almost be stated to be entertaining:

I sure hope any fishing boats around there are keeping themselves safe.

Back
Top Bottom