What's new

17-year old murderer

Crap.. Wonder what actually cause him to stab three persons. With a 21cm knife, he meant business. 😲

that actually saddens me, cause he didn't seem to have a motive...maybe we'll never know why the guy did it?

ashuri2 said:
that actually saddens me, cause he didn't seem to have a motive...maybe we'll never know why the guy did it?
I don't think that part has been clarified yet, he apparently claimed it was anger over bullying while he was a student there, although the victims were chosen indiscriminately and the police are doubtful of that aspect of his testimony.

The saddest part is the teacher that was killed was the most unsuspecting victim and the one that actually asked the murderer (on the 1st floor) where he was going. The guy replied "Where's the staff lounge?" and on the way there with the teacher (he apparently claims it was because he was being taken in the opposite direction) proceeds to stab him in the back. :(

OMG, i feel so sorry for the family of the victims. they won't even have the closure of knowing why it was their family member the guy randomly stabbed...

The world is a cesspool of corupption, isn't it. But at any rate, that was a cold-blooded act. I wonder what was going through that 17-year old boys mind. :?

Here is the motive of the 17-year-old stabber :

OSAKA (Kyodo) A 17-year-old youth who stabbed three staff members, one fatally, at his former elementary school Monday in Neyagawa, Osaka Prefecture, was acting on a grudge against a teacher, according to investigative sources.

The teen said his sixth-grade homeroom teacher at Neyagawa Chuo Elementary School had failed to help him when he was bullied as a pupil there, the sources said Tuesday.

He was quoted as saying that he did not intend to kill anyone and that he "acted wrongly." The youth cannot be named because he is a minor.

Now what do you think. Did he make a reasonable choice by attacking his former teachers, or should he rather have turned his grudge to the bulliers ? The latter seems more logical. :sorry:

The sources said that investigators are treating the teen's comments with skepticism; they think it is strange that he returned to the school five years after graduation to attack staff with no direct connection to the alleged bullying, the sources said.

Why would that be strange ? He didn't have the (physical) power to get his revenge when he was 12, and the psychological pain didn't abate with time. Haven't these people seen the Godfather ? "La vendetta" is something that take time to prepare, sometimes over 20 years (as French people say "la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid").

The municipal board of education held an emergency meeting Tuesday morning to discuss ways to deal with potential emotional problems suffered by pupils and staff.

That's all well and good, but, with all the similar bullying and juvenile crime cases happening in Japan, why doesn't the Ministry of Education give guidelines or special trainings to the teachers to help children suffering from bullying ? It's even stranger in a country like Japan, where the teachers must strictly follow the curriculum and way of teaching imposed by the Ministry of Education. The responsibilty is both that of the teachers and the government, so if they get killed it just because they weren't able to do a good job in protecting some children from psychologically disturbing bullying. They are only harvesting the fruits they have let grow.

You think 17 yr old is young there was a 13 yr old (I think) who killed his grandparents and lit the house on fire a couple of yrs ago. It was CNN a couple of days ago after the trial

When officers arrived at the scene, the youth was standing by a window in the staff room, holding the knife and smoking a cigarette. He did not resist when they ordered him to drop the weapon, they said.

Probably thought he was in a movie or something... I wonder why he did it? That teacher might have been a real mean, annoying person who had molested this student or something... ?

Last year, (I think) a small girl (13yearsold) killed some of her classmates. That time, Battle Royale got the blame...

....b.s. i love battle royale, and hate some people i know, but you don't see me killing them off one by one with various weapons.

Yeah, I think blaming the media is another way that people as a society shirk responisblity. For every kid that snaps because of watching violent movies/vid game, there are thousnads and thousands of kids who don't.

I'm also glad that Japan's gun control is much better than the US's... :eek:

imagine if they had easy access to guns

Well. It's good to know that throughout the world, there are a few young people who can't channel their hatred of public school and all things related, into something else.

My condolences to everyone that was affected.

ashuri2 said:
....b.s. i love battle royale, and hate some people i know, but you don't see me killing them off one by one with various weapons.

I know, I love Battle Royale too - and soo far I haven't killed anyone :?
But some people, already having some mental illness, can get the wrong message for these movies.

I'm not fond of blaming the movies neither, but people tend to do that. What we can't explain we don't like, therefore we want to blame something that could be the cause - but most of the time isn't...

i love battle royale...maybe i should go out and kill someone.... @_@. not gonna happen. when kids snap, it's caused by a number of factors, not just one thing. that one thing might have just been the last snowflack on an avalanche- not much weight by itself, but in addition to everything else a disaster happens.

yes oo i suddenly have the urge to slice someones *** open like nobu!....NOT!!!

Chiaki_Kuriyama_Fan said:
yes oo i suddenly have the urge to slice someones *** open like nobu!....NOT!!!
Obviously not everybody who watches / reads / plays something violent will immediately become violent. That doesn't say that there won't be a small but number of people who will, nor that a larger fraction won't be somewhat more aggressive.

There have been plenty of studies done on this and the results are pretty clear cut. That's not to say there never should be violence shown in TV, movies, games, whatever - but at the least age restrictions are there for a reason.

Maciamo said:
Here is the motive of the 17-year-old stabber :
Some more stuff here 大阪・寝屋川教師殺傷事件 - なめ猫 (a blog - so don't know how reliable it is).

Maciamo said:
"The teen said his sixth-grade homeroom teacher at Neyagawa Chuo Elementary School had failed to help him when he was bullied as a pupil there, the sources said Tuesday."

Being bullied about wearing braces to correct his teeth.

Maciamo said:
Now what do you think. Did he make a reasonable choice by attacking his former teachers, or should he rather have turned his grudge to the bulliers ? The latter seems more logical.

Well obviously neither choice is logical but if we leave that to one side then if the teacher knew about the situation and was neglecting it then you could say the teacher is more responsible because he was literally the person in a position of responsibility. The bullies being minors and the teacher being the relevant 'guardian' of all concerned. It was the teacher's job to keep things like that from getting out of hand. However it seems that was was not actually the case. The boy's mother sayd "At the time (he was being teased) we were grateful for the the teacher kindly offering guidance."

Why would that be strange ? He didn't have the (physical) power to get his revenge when he was 12, and the psychological pain didn't abate with time. Haven't these people seen the Godfather ? "La vendetta" is something that take time to prepare, sometimes over 20 years

If he's spent that much time preparing you'd think he could get the right guy. It's hardly 'Godfather' material.

The responsibilty is both that of the teachers and the government, so if they get killed it just because they weren't able to do a good job in protecting some children from psychologically disturbing bullying. They are only harvesting the fruits they have let grow.

What happened to the parents in your little equation? It seems he was a 'hikikomuri' who played TV games all the time and had little interation with other people. That didn't happen overnight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom