What's new

はじめまして

Frontman

後輩
29 Jan 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm Frontman, and I presently live and work in Tokyo, Japan.

My interest in Japan began in elementary school. My 3rd grade teacher was a frequent traveler to Japan, as her son was a teacher at Tokyo University. She enjoyed showing us souvenirs and gifts from Japan, as well as many photographs. The first look I had of Japan was in a short film which she played for the class one day. I was intrigued, and my fascination with Japan never left.

It wasn't until many years later that I actually traveled to Japan for myself. My girlfriend (who, coincidentally, is Japanese) returned to Japan after living many years in America. I traveled to Japan to visit her, and I immediately thought that Japan was a place I would like to live.

After a few more visits to Japan to make sure the move was something I really wanted, I made my choice. (A minor earthquake is hitting as I write). I have a bachelors degree in English, so the natural choice of my work in Japan was to become an English teacher. Finding work in Japan as an English teacher is as easy as falling down, it was not hard to find a school willing to hire me, though the interview process and visa paperwork were rather extensive.

I arrived in Japan permanently just over a year ago, and so far I have no regrets. I enjoy the people, the food, the culture, and the pace of life. There is much to see and do here, and all of my spare time is spent experiencing all the things which Japan has to offer.

If anyone has questions about Japan, and Tokyo in particular, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Frontman,

Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading your introduction post. Have fun, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Hi, Frontman! :) O`hairi kudasai :)
Where did you live in USA? How old are you?
Where you working now? :)

Welcome to the forum, Frontman!

Looking forward to your contributions here!! 🙂

wow i loved your introduction!I fell in love around that age too,and my dream is to become a teacher in japan ,I hope japan is nice to you!

Back
Top Bottom