29 Oct 2012
Hello,

1) 私は多分、人を見る目がないだろうと自覚していたけれど・・・こうもまざまざと見せつけられるとは。

Is it this も?

4 おおよその程度を表す。…ぐらい。…ほど。「一週間―あればできる」「今なら一万円―しようかね」
も[係助接助終助]の意味 - 国語辞書 - goo辞書

Is こうも interchangeable with こんなに?

2) こーすると意外とわかんないんだ。

The translation given for this is "I don't even get why I'm doing this.". Is this correct? I can kind of understand how they reached that translation...it's just that translating it word by word sounds so weird. (When I do this, it's surprisingly non-understandable)

3) 本当にこの人と・・・キスしたのかな・・・全然話題にも出ないから、怖くて聞けない・・・

Does にも mean "even" here? >>> "It hasn't even come into discussion at all so,..."

Of course it was wrong! Why did I expect otherwise? They butchered that chapter. I could count on my fingers the sentences that were still retaining their original meaning.

But right...the context...Shiori finds Katsuragi waiting for her at the library, dressed in a girl's uniform. She is upset with him because he promised he would come the day before but he didn't. Then another girl comes to talk to Shiori. Shiori puts herself between the girl and Katsuragi so that she can't see his clothing. When the girl leaves, Shiori turns around too see that Katsuragi has even put on a wig now. Then he says that sentence to her.

View image: ? ???? 15 179
View image: ? ???? 15 180
View image: ? ???? 15 181

I think he is saying "When I do this I am surprisingly unknown." >>> "It's surprisingly hard to be recognized with this on."
こうすると意外と私が人にわからないんだ。

You are correct.

こうすると意外と私だとわからないんだ。 / こうすると意外とばれないんだ。

意外と would be more likely "unexpectedly".

I think I have an obsession with the も particle. What is the role of も in the following sentence? Or what is the difference between using 自信がある and using 自信もある.

とは言え、自らの読書量には、少しばかり自信あり、そんじょそこらの素人小説には負けんぞ・・・なんて内心思ってました。

View image: 16 010

The girl promised she would write a story for the upcoming festival but she finds it to be more difficult than she expected.

That's usual "too/also". 読書量(の多さ)には自信も自負も自覚も確信もある, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom