What's new

your future studies in japan?

oula

先輩
23 Nov 2008
well, i want to get the MEXT scholarship, but in 2 or 3 years....
so actually i wanted to know about all the others, what are you intending to study in japan?
i just want to see if someone is going to study english or translation or anything related to english ~~~~ so i don't feel like i'm the only one, and that i don't have any chance :(:(:(

well, i want to get the MEXT scholarship, but in 2 or 3 years....
so actually i wanted to know about all the others, what are you intending to study in japan?
i just want to see if someone is going to study english or translation or anything related to english ~~~~ so i don't feel like i'm the only one, and that i don't have any chance :(:(:(

Isn't it a little strange to go to Japan to study English?

yeah it is, but what can i do? it's my university section and i can't change because of our stupid laws in my country :(:(:(:(:(:(
i wanted to study japanese but again because of our stupid university rules, i couldn't :(:(
so well~ ~ ~ do you think that i don't have any chance to go?

It's just my opinion but I would imagine they would look at your application and ask why do you want to study in Japan and not in an English speaking country. If I'm honest I would think you would have a very hard time convincing them.

so it's really as i thought, almost impossible for me to get it.... and also the only one on the site who's studying english and wishes to get the MEXT scholarship
:(:(😭😭😭😭😭:mad::mad:

I'm planning to take an undergraduate course at an Japanese University. I haven't chosen a particular field yet, but I'm waging between Computer Science and English.
Since I don't know how hard it will be to keep up if everything is in Japanese, I thought it would be easier to just do an english study ^_^
This way you'll learn japanese a little faster at the same time, I think. It's not really to study english that I would choose to do an english study, but more to study at an Japanese university with other japanese students :)

Offcourse, I don't know how MEXT will work in that sense, since I can't apply for MEXT here (don't do undergraduate scholarships :'(), so I have to finance everything myself.

Hi oula,

I studied English literature, and I'm currently applying for the MEXT postgrad scholarship in hopes of doing a sort of comparative literature program. If you're truly set on coming to Japan on the program, I think it's possible if you can find a way to relate Japan to your field of study. The trick is, it needs to be something you truly are passionate about.

Of course, I'm just in the application process, but I'm basically telling you what I've heard from other Monbusho recipients I've talked to.

Good luck!

Hi oula,
I studied English literature, and I'm currently applying for the MEXT postgrad scholarship in hopes of doing a sort of comparative literature program. If you're truly set on coming to Japan on the program, I think it's possible if you can find a way to relate Japan to your field of study. The trick is, it needs to be something you truly are passionate about.
Of course, I'm just in the application process, but I'm basically telling you what I've heard from other Monbusho recipients I've talked to.
Good luck!
😍😍😍😍

ok so you re-gave me hope ^3^

i really want to go to japan, but as you mentioned, i have to find something related with japan and my studies~ ~ ~ and that's what i've been thinking about since i've decided that i want to go there (note: i've decided so since 2 years and i still have one year to graduate LOL) so well i may be too exited and too nervous about it so i'm asking 2 years before applying for it XD...... but i just want to get more confidence about what i'm doing by finding people like me XD

thank you Faulkner and i really hope that you get it..... GOOD LUCK 🌹🌹📣📣

I think English speaking colleges in Japan are not a bad choice! If you intend to stay a short period of time there, then you'll feel more at home. If you're in for the long-haul, then it might be a good idea to take some time at a Japanese language college. Those colleges often offer courses that will acclimate you to academic Japanese specifically for the purpose of attending a Japanese university in the future.

Of course a lot of people go to Japan to teach English...but ultimately I have heard that these programs are fairly fruitless, unrewarding. Nothing comes to mind when I think of English-speaking vocations in Japan, other than the obvious ESL type of deal.

Back
Top Bottom