What's new

Yet another working visa extension/self sponsor - related post! m(._.)m

Kobeliving

後輩
16 Jun 2011
Hello and thank you for viewing this.

I have read numerous (sorry not every single post as my eyes are really tired) posts about working visa extensions and self sponsorship but still couldn't find EXACTLY what I was looking for. I apologize if it's already been mentioned.

I came on a three year working visa and I have 3.5 months on it. I worked full time for 2 years at a school and then part time on various corporate contracts for English teaching. That corporate teaching agency said self sponsorships were quite common and easy to obtain for people in my line. I'm still doing contracts for them at night. So I was aiming for self sponsorship...

Now I have just been hired by a Japanese trading company that has never hired a foreigner before. They know that I have a working visa still and it's running out and needed me right away and figure the visa thing out on the fly. So I'm in, but now we need to do the visa. The HR guy has an impression that it would be easier if I did a self sponsored visa with the company as my main guarantor.

To the point:
1) Should I do a self sponsored visa and include the FULL TIME JOB & Part time contracts together?

2) Should the new company take care of all my visa extensions?

Of course I'm going to the immigration office to get a consultation but I thought it would be nice to have input from someone who HAS EXPERIENCE.

Thank you sincerely!

Your company is silly. If they are filing their taxes properly and have given you a proper contract, then you'll get an extension fine by applying as their employee. Maybe they are nervous about supplying some of the necessary paperwork if you apply as their employee?

Back
Top Bottom