What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Crime Yakuza head sentenced to death

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
In an unprecedented case, Nomura Satoru, 74, the head of the Kudo-kai gang based in Kita-Kyushu in Fukuoka Prefecture, was sentenced to death for his involvement in four murder cases. The court said in the ruling that Nomura and his second-in-command, Tanoue Fumio, conspired to carry out the four attacks. Nomura gave an order in the murder case, and the other three crimes were carried out under a chain-in-command structure headed by Nomura, the court said. The underlings who carried out the assassinations have already been sentenced.

After the verdict, Nomura threatened the presiding judge.

Both Nomura and Tanoue have denied their involvement and claimed their innocence. Nomura was displeased with the court’s sentence and seemingly threatened the presiding judge. After the court was vacated, Nomura told Adachi, “I asked you for a fair judgment. But this is not fair at all. You will regret this for the rest of your life.” Tanoue also said, “You are awful, Mr. Adachi,” as he left the courtroom. It was apparently the first time for prosecutors to seek a death penalty for a head of a gang recognized by the Prevention of Wrongful Acts by Members of Organized Crime Groups Law. The court’s decision to grant the prosecution’s demand is expected to impact future investigations of organized crime groups.

nomura-satoru.jpg

Mr Nomura and Mr Aso seem to frequent the same outfitter.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
LOL , made me wonder. When I worked at the bar in Fukuoka , the Yakuza started to hang out there. Their leader liked to chit chat with me and seemed stunned that I spoke Japanese. One night the bar got raided by the police and shut down for 3 weeks. I always wondered if it had anything to do with the yakuza using the bar as a hang out. Maybe I shared a drink with this guy , LOL.

• Admin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe I shared a drink with this guy , LOL.

He must have been a chimpira back then. I have just updated our article on the yaks:

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
The big wigs then loved to show off their tats. Most were missing fingers or parts of them. One story I heard was it meant they were high level and another said if you screwed up you lost them. Most had 2 girl friends and two low level guys with them to fetch drinks and wait on them. They all seemed to carry knives with them and like to show them off. I had a switch blade with an 8 inch blade they liked to examine , LOL. I worked at the bar for about a year as a bouncer. 99% of any problems involved language communication and lack of culture understanding and were solved with just me talking. I don't think I had more than 3 or fights in the year I worked there.

Top Bottom