What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Help Written pledge for applying as a dependent visa

Rokeya

Kouhai
Reaction score
I am depressed because my husband university won't put signature and seal on the pledge form for dependent visa. They are unable to observe and responsibility after arriving in Japan.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi @Rokeya,

very sorry to learn that your application has been rejected. A cursory search seems to confirm that it’s indeed up to the school or university. :(

How about those who work in a small enterprise or who is in Japan as a student? The applicant can only bring one of his dependents. It should be noted that not everyone with a student status can apply for a Dependent Visa. It all depends on the school he is in. The student of the following types of schools can apply:
  • Junior College (Regular Student, Auditor, Elective Course Student, Japanese Language Course Student)
  • University (Undergraduate, Auditor, Elective Course Student, Research Student, Japanese Language Course Student)
  • Graduate School (Doctor, Master, or Research Student)

Rokeya

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’d like to ask about the pledge document.
Is it required for the embassy to get the visa or needed for landing in Japan’s airport?

mdchachi

Reaction score
I believe you said on another thread that you already have a COE which means you had the university support before the pandemic. If so, I think the best path is for your husband to talk to his advisors or professors -- somebody at the university who will fight the bureaucracy for him. The only purpose of that letter is for them to say they will make sure you quarantine for two weeks.

The other thing you can try is for your husband (not the university) to apply for a new COE. In that case he would be your sponsor and he would write the pledge letter.

Also, there are people having the same problem as you here:
There might be some additional information and ideas there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom