What's new

Wish to visit Hokkaido

sky888

先輩
13 Jul 2004
I love Hokkaido , even when I was little and seen a japanese series on Hokkaido (a single father bringing up 2 kids without the comfort of a nice home)

however a few of my friends who went Hokkaido usually end up staying a modern hotel and see concrete buildings..

is there any place where I can stay and see the wildness of hokkaido, to see the real beauty and the traditions of the people there

I am planning to go Hokkaido Feb 2005.. can there possibly be a family who I can be hosted in.. (I am not expecting free accommendation here..) so that I can taste the real life of hokkaido

any suggestion/or recommendations will be appreciated

:)

Well in the centre of Hokkaido there are towns called furano and Biei which are really nice rural landscapes. You can walk or cycle throught the beautiful landscape.
Biei
umm your going in feb 2005, well they is the Sapporo snow festival, where snow statues are created then illuminated at night. Thats seems pretty cool.
http://gojapan.about.com/cs/sapporoguide/a/sapporosnowfes.htm
They is alot of parks and beautfil lakes in Hokkaido, they are also some very old shrines and temples. Here is some more information
http://www.alpha-beds.com/guide_28948.aspx

Soz i couldnt get much for ya, but enjoy m8 !

Those are good links! thanks my friend..

wish to see the rural and "real" side of Hokkaido...

Hey hanleong...I'm going to visit Sapporo(Hokkaido) this winter prolly so I'll let you know how it is :) I can't wait to gooooooo !!!! :LOL:

RockLee said:
Hey hanleong...I'm going to visit Sapporo(Hokkaido) this winter prolly so I'll let you know how it is :) I can't wait to gooooooo !!!! :LOL:

Yes, this guys go it sorted ! lucky nutter !

I'll be in Sapporo this October so I'll let you guys know! Well I'm there to visit girlfriend's parents so you can bet I'll be going to lots of shrines and "natural" and rural places...

Funny, I just got back from Hokkaido!

The hot summer weather in Wakayama has been killing me, so I packed up and left for a few days. All I can say.... it was GREAT! Despite the rain, I loved it. Strange how much it reminded me of the Northern United States. I hiked through Daisetsuzan National Park and made Asahikawa City my center of operations. If your looking for a good place to stay, I can recommend a few minshuku. (Inns.)

Great hot springs, too!

Attachments

• Apictureofapicture.jpg
    Apictureofapicture.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 172
Here's some more...

Attachments

• daisatsu.jpg
    daisatsu.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 128
  • lookslikeseattle.jpg
    lookslikeseattle.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 118
sapporo snow fest

hey guys, i REALLY want to see the ice sculptures but i looked into flights to saps from toks over snow fest and its REALLY expensive.

is there anyone who lives in sapporo that knows if i would see anything if i went up the following weekend? (7,500yen with ANA!) ☝

Last edited:
stefibay said:
hey guys, i REALLY want to see the ice sculptures but i looked into flights to saps from toks over snow fest and its REALLY expensive.

is there anyone who lives in sapporo that knows if i would see anything if i went up the following weekend? (7,500yen with ANA!) ☝
I'm going to Sapporo this week !!!!!!!!!! Friday I leave to Sapporo for 16 days ^________^ I'll be sure to check it ;-) !!!!

Back
Top Bottom