What's new

win2003 shutdown event tracker disabling

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
If you want to get rid of that annoying shutdown even tracker that pops up on wndows server 2003 (assuming you use it in the future), here are the steps that I found out yesterday....

and if you already know this, then cool....

To configure Shutdown Event Tracker on your local computer

Open Group Policy.

Navigate to the Display Shutdown Event Tracker policy, and double-click it.

Where?

ツキ Local Computer Policy

ツキ Computer Configuration

ツキ Administrative Templates

ツキ System

On the Setting tab, click Not Configured, Enabled, or Disabled.

Click Apply, and then click OK.

To configure Shutdown Event Tracker on a domain or organizational unit

Open Active Directory Users and Computers.

In the console tree, right-click the domain or organizational unit for which you want to set Group Policy.

Where?

ツキ Active Directory Users and Computers [domain_controller_name.domain_name]

ツキ domain

ツキ organizational unit

ツキ child organizational unit

Click Properties, and then click the Group Policy tab.

Click an existing Group Policy object (GPO) in the list box, and then click Edit.

or

Click New to create a new Group Policy object, and then click Edit.

Click Display Shutdown Event Tracker

Where?

ツキ Group policy object name

ツキ Computer Configuration

ツキ Administrative Templates

ツキ System

On the Setting tab, click Not Configured, Enabled, or Disabled.

Click Apply, and then click OK.

Notes

ツキ To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority. If the computer is joined to a domain, members of the Domain Admins group might be able to perform this procedure. As a security best practice, consider using Run as to perform this procedure.

ツキ To open Group Policy, click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

ツキ The Server Only and Workstation Only settings that appear in the user interface (UI) have an impact on the local computer, but they are intended primarily for use by domain administrators.

ツキ To apply the policy setting to a remote computer, see "Group Policy" under Related Topics, below.

ツキ You cannot use Group Policy to manage computers running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows XP Home Edition.

ツキ Shutdown Event Tracker is enabled by default on all Windows Server 2003 family operating systems. It is disabled by default on Windows XP Professional. It is not a functional component of Windows XP Home Edition.

But for lazy ones, I guess it's possible to disable that annoying feature with X-teq Setup Utility. But I'm not sure. :p However for those, who are using WinXP Pro it is possible to ENABLE it via the same program,

Originally posted by .max
But for lazy ones, I guess it's possible to disable that annoying feature with X-teq Setup Utility. But I'm not sure. :p However for those, who are using WinXP Pro it is possible to ENABLE it via the same program,

We're talking about Windows Server 2003. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think X-teq is compatible with this new version of Windoze. But, like you said, it's possible to use it with WinXP.

Originally posted by .max
🙂 I have already said that

But never mind...

Right! and you've even cared to put some smilie beside it. And STILL, I couldn't notice it. lol. Sorry about that, my mistake.
🙇‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom